New member needs some help

Cal

Gold Member
Hi so i haven't actually purchased my 197 yet I'm going to look at it this weekend and I wondered if i could ask for some advice on hereI'm going to look at the Clio 197 R27 F1 edition but i haven't really got a lot of knowledge on what to keep an eye out for on these cars here are the key things about the car if anyone could shed some light about it so i know what to look out for

• Clio 197 R27 f1 team - Liquid Yellow
  • 80,786 miles (will not rise as no longer in use)
  • 12 months mot from 2/12/15 - passed with no advisory's
  • Part service history - Carried out services myself - was last serviced at 78k
  • Recaro bucket seats - in good condition
  • Genuine renaultsport splitter and side skirts
  • Cup spoiler
  • Tracker system has been installed and is monitored 24/7 by the company
  • Cambelt was done at 65k but no proof of this
the car does look immaculate inside and out is there anything i should check to see? or things that are prone to going at this age? also if i haven't posted this in the correct place could an admin please move it or advise me wear to post it as its my first time here many thanks!

Last edited:
Yeah that's the one and yeah I can factor in the cam belt change and I'll have a look for the gear box cheers mate

As above, buyers' guide is your best bet for checkpoints. What I will add is, have a look at one or two examples if you can (I realise they are rarer than most cars). It gives you a way to compare then.

That one seems decent, but the lack of proof of cambelt being done would put me off a bit. You will have to spend that money to get it done, solely for piece of mind - the seller could have done it yesterday, but without an invoice it's a big gamble to assume it was actually done.

I was having a browse this afternoon and saw that one I like the look of it, I really like liquid yellow and sometimes wish i'd held out for one..

My only concern would be the timing belt and the part service history, I personally would prefer fully documented services (service book filled etc) but that's just my personal opinion.
Seems well looked after... There is a really nice red one on there too but it's about a 7hr+ drive from the yellow one.

There's plenty of info on here if you do a search and if you've got any more questions i'm sure everyone on here will be able to give you the info you need.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A New Members 3
I New Members 1
Red Baguette New Members 7
OutlawAsh New Members 1
A New Members 14