New member in Cornwall

tomble22

Gold Member
Hi all,

New member here down in sunny (now and again) Cornwall. Have just put a deposit down on a Clio 197.

It's a 2008 197 in Nimbus Grey, 58,000 on the clock, full service history with Cambelt done last year. It's very standard and FF which is what I have been looking for. Excellent condition all round too, very impressed with the condition.

Picking it up on the 30th June and can't wait to drive it properly, have been in diesels for the last 4-5 years after a few more interesting cars previously (Primera GT, Golf VR6, Golf R32, Impreza STI etc). Wanted something which is fun when you want it to be but discreet enough also.

Will post some pictures once I've got it home and cleaned properly but thought I'd say hello!

Cheers,

Tom

attachment.php

Here she is....right at the top of the price range probably but I don't see many for sale locally, dealer is located about 5 mins from my house and my work and it is very clean.

Attachments

• 2015-06-05 14.23.29.jpg
    2015-06-05 14.23.29.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 51
Welcome to the forum Tom. I hope you enjoy the 197, they are fantastic cars. Looks great in the photo. You will have to let us know how it compares to your previous cars :smile:

Thanks for the welcome guys, can't wait to take her out now.

Have a few plans, mainly anthracite wheels, rear spoiler, akro exhaust (or possibly miltek if I can't quite stretch that far) and a steering wheel retrim (fancy some alcantara!!).

V1P3i2, be nice to see another 197 about, don't see too many, although I see a nimbus everyday on my way to work in Redruth, hence my preference for nimbus!!

Welcome buddy. Not many 197's in Cornwall. Zero action, relating to meets on here. But combined with Cliosport a few of us meet up once a month in Par.

Finally picked up the 197 yesterday, have to say it's a really enjoyable bit of kit. Trying to resist the urge to waste a lot of V Power at the moment but overall, very impressed.

Few little snags that the garage are putting right, slight rumbling/whirring from the front off side wheel, possibly a warped disc or something as it stops when I brake. Also not sure if the exhaust is blowing slightly or if its the standard exhaust noise, sounds a bit "airy"?

Apart from these, very impressed and pleased with my choice. Will hopefully give it a proper clean over the weekend (moving house this week also so slightly busy) and get some pics up.

Cheers

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R New Members 4
A New Members 3
Paul222 New Members 44
Jcs South West 7
R New Members 18