New member browsing

Apologies for the delay in update. I picked the Clio up and had a disastrous drive home. The car is immaculate but for some reason the owner put budget baldy good ride tyres on the front and 3mm contis on the back. I ended up stuck in traffic while one of my twin boys was admitted to a&e. Thankfully all is good but trying to get home quickly in the pissing rain was no fun. I parked up the Clio when I got home and have only driven it once since and that was to drive north to Aberdeen for work. It's still in the work car park now until my shift in Shetland is finished. New Goodyear Eagle F1s are waiting on my return home. It also needs brake pads all round. Im not really feeling the love for it yet. Hopefully when it's fully fettled it will. What's the opinion on DIY servicing? I've read the schedule and I have a decent garage and a full snap on tool kit.

What's it like for needing a cam belt, and with a car like these I'd make sure it has good fresh oil as these cars often get a hard life, and need to be revved for the power so good quality oil and check it regularly as mine does use a little. But if you enjoy driving and have some good roads you'll soon get attached to it.

So it will be due in a year or so. 5 years or 72000 miles whichever comes first.
Just because it has low mileage don't risk it, belts deteriorate with age as well as with use.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R New Members 4
A New Members 3
I New Members 1
Red Baguette New Members 7
OutlawAsh New Members 1