New member browsing

Hi, I'm doing my research into a Clio 200. I've joined so I can I have a proper read of the forum and see some of the topics concerning these cars.
I've read the buyers guide and I think I'm pretty much up to speed with what I'm looking for. I have found a car, a black 2011 Clio 200 full fat with recaros and bluetooth. Unfortunately, after speaking with the garage selling, it doesn't have a fully stamped up history. It does have invoices though from various garages for the services. I'm not sure now. It has 49k on the clock and selling for £9k with 12 months RAC warranty.

Welcome to the forum!

9k seems a bit steep for a car with choppy history and over mileage.

It is and the only negotiation is chucking in the 12 months warranty. I think I will take a look as it's the spec I want. I was going to service it myself anyway. the mileage is average. I'm certainly not putting down a £500 deposit. The good thing is, it's only 70 miles away. The rest I've seen are all down south. I live in Perth, so they are few and far between.

To be honest I wouldn't even touch it. Warranty isn't worth all that much either. Warranty is standard anyway, there's no favours there. If you do really like it, offer them well under with a view to spending the difference. Take it from someone who knows; )
Ps totally my opinion but I wouldn't say mileage was average for these type of cars, correct me if I'm wrong but they're not motorway cars doing 250 miles/week. We'll mine isn't anyway.

Last edited:
Indeed. Don't compromise with these cars, they can cost money if not maintained properly. 40k would be average miles for that year.

Ok, I hear what you're all saying and thanks. I'm not desperate. It's a second car and will probably only cover about 300 miles a month. I'll bide my time. This ones been for sale for 3 months now and now I know why.

I agree with the other lads mate . I wouldn't touch it. 2011 plate with choppy history. When you think this car was under manufacturers warranty until this time last year it should have bang up to date history and from renault or renault approved garages . If you have 9 grand spend you will have lots of choice of good motors . I was looking for 6 months and glad I did now . Be worth the wait to get a proper sorted car . Good luck

welcome and if you are not in rush,just wait for the right one..mine is 56 plate and just gone over 40k..do your homework or you will end up paying silly money for repairs....

Sounds pretty pricey, I was offered £8k for mine, one of the last ones made, 28k and with Cup chassis, Recaros and speedlines!

no worries mate..if i was to buy one again i would go for a cup version or ff...

It has to be an FF. There's another one nearby. I'm tempted but it doesn't have the Recaros. I drove a mates R27 F1 a few years ago and really liked the seats. This one is at Arnold Clarks. So still potentially dodgy!

If you want recaros you'll have to be careful when getting in and out as the bolsters are fragile, I always slide the seat right back before getting out so I can lift myself over the bolster more easily, but if you decide to fit them afterwards they are very expensive.

I wouldn't be interested in fitting them after. I won't be doing many miles so the bolsters should be ok. That's always a weak point on any bucket seat. My Subaru was the same.

I think I need to try and buy a car from a member on here. You're all as fastidious as me when it comes to looking after cars.

Well, I've joined the club, almost. Flight is booked on Friday. HPI check done, deposit paid and I'll be the new owner of a 61 plate FF on Friday.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R New Members 4
A New Members 3
I New Members 1
Red Baguette New Members 7
OutlawAsh New Members 1