New 200.

I have taken a lot of the advice from you guys in and have now pretty much decided what i want to do.

I'm going to look at a 197 F1 in LY later this week.
Its up for £8000 but has not had the BIG service yet, this will be due in september. and is on 36000 miles......Does this sound reasonable to you all?
What would you pay?

Also want to look at a Nimbus F1 i have seen and this is up for £8250 but open to offers and is only on 20000 miles.
Also is a better spec.

Please help:smile:

Oh and how much (roughly) would the megane engine swap cost?

Cheers

Ash

What year is the nimbus? If its a 57 it'll need a Cambelt change as well. Regardless of miles.

Last edited:
The Nimbus is a 57 plate aswell but she is going to knock the price down if i take it soon as she knows the belts need doing in October.
Also needs MOT in september so she said she will get all servicing done prior to sale OR sell at a reduced figure and I can get the work done myself.

Sorry to hijack the thread but don't you have a 500 Abarth, AGP? If so is this in addition to the fiat or instead of. I just curious that's all.

Only one way to go, as you all know

21cv9kw.jpg

P.S. some colours you have to buy the sport not the cup with. Although you now seem to be looking at 197's.

Sorry to hijack the thread but don't you have a 500 Abarth, AGP? If so is this in addition to the fiat or instead of. I just curious that's all.

Hi mate, yeah i've got the Abarth Grande Punto at the moment, Just fancying a change tbh so thats up for sale and hopefully will be replaced with either a 200 or 197 soon:thumbup:

Would love to keep them both but just don't have the room or the money to insure both so the AGP will probably have to go:bye2:

Only one way to go, as you all know

21cv9kw.jpg

P.S. some colours you have to buy the sport not the cup with. Although you now seem to be looking at 197's.

I love the LY and both of your cars look amazing:drool:

I'm still open to the 200 but thinking about it logically I can pick up a 197/R27 for half the price (in some cases with less mileage too) and that way when i get the bug to nodify it i hopefully wont end up losing so much money.

Thank you

200 is worth the upgrade if you are adding cup chassis and the 200 pulls far better and the r27 will have the old gear box.

I would also consider a used 250 as it is far nicer as a daily driver, that is not to say its better than the 200 which I still love getting in and I still stand by it being more fun.

Well i've had a few weeks of looking around while trying to sell my AGP and i am pretty sure i am going to go for the 197.
I love the 200 but i am planning on modding the clio so doesn't seem the best route for me to go as the depreciation will be ridiculous for me.
So tomorrow i am going to look at a mint 57 plate R27.
Cambelt has not been done but will reduce price accordingly so what would you think i should be paying for it?
Has the recaro interior, climate control etc and has only done 20,000 miles:blush:mg:

Please help.