New 197 owner (repairs to commence)

danielsim

Paid Member
New to the forum. Picked up a an 07 Clio 197 this year. Been great fun to drive and looks decent for the age. Unfortunately the recent MOT flagged some annoying problems. Rusty sub frame (radiator support) amongst other things. So I've got a project to work on over Christmas. Hopefully I'll find some good repair guidance here.

Clio 197.jpg

Thanks. Looks like a very doable job. Do you know if its worth paying for the clio sport specific part (£200) as oppose the generic £80 versions?

Thanks. Looks like a very doable job. Do you know if its worth paying for the clio sport specific part (£200) as oppose the generic £80 versions?

The 'generic' versions are for non-sport models and have the radiator bracket in the wrong place (fine if you have the capability to cut it off and re-weld it in the correct position). It's also worth checking with Renault UK to see if they'll cover the replacement cost under their anti-corrosion warranty.

Reactions: suj
The 'generic' versions are for non-sport models and have the radiator bracket in the wrong place (fine if you have the capability to cut it off and re-weld it in the correct position). It's also worth checking with Renault UK to see if they'll cover the replacement cost under their anti-corrosion warranty.

Isn't it a 12 year warranty Sean? His is a 2007 so I doubt they will cover it.

Reactions: Sean197
Welcome. If you pay the signing on fee not only do you help maintain the running of the forum but you’ll also get access to the “how to”directory and a few other restricted areas. Priceless information on there. Not one person hasn’t benefitted from it over the years.
Look forward to your progress

Reactions: Sean197

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A New Members 5
R5GTT New Members 2
Mr.1777 New Members 7
M New Members 2
D New Members 10