Need a mile muncher

I will be doing over 10k in the next 3 months so I need another car to take the miles. Requirements are:

Diesel
£8k
under 3 years old (warranty etc)
over 55MPG

Currently looking at Foucs and Fiesta but looking for suggestions.

I have to sell the car in 3 months time so need something that'll retain its value after I put 10k on.

Cheers everybody.

If I were looking for something to stick mileage on and have a small of an impact on resale as possible I'd go German tbh. Mini, Golf, small BMW are all easy to pick up for that price and should hold their value I'd say...

I'm tempted to use the clio but it's on PCP so the extra mileage charge would kick in. It would only be £600.

I did some calcs and if I lease a Fiesta for 3 months I would only save £100 but I won't have to worry about wear and tear on the 200.

Decisions.

Buy a Corsa c 1.3cdti, you'll sell it for what you bought it for. It'll do 500-600 miles on a tank costing £52 to fill.

Cheap to insure too.

Why are you want a car that expensive to keep it for only 3 months ?

I'm also looking at a Gofl. BMW would have to be older or more money.

I think a Clio could prove difficult at resale.

The perils of PCP, I knew i would do a lot of millage so didn't go for the renault deals and bourght it cash.

In your case you may be better getting another little runaround.

That is the main reason. The fact that I would have to service it and put new tyres on it just means another car is better idea.

The 200 isn't the best motorway muncher. lol

I'd be looking for something a little older and cheaper tbh. Old Mondeo or Laguna or something. Cars around the £1k mark are selling like hot cakes if they're good on fuel at the moment.

Get a Volvo smoker. Mate of mine just picked up an S60 diesel for £2000, ''53'' with Moon mileage on it, but it does the job and has heated leather.

Ever considered the Citroen ds3 110 HDI?
They can be picked up for about that price and do between 60-80mpg dependant on the sort of driving your doing + they look mint :smile:

Similar Thread Suggestions