Naturally aspirated - upgrade options.

Why, what you actually selling???

Nothing officially for sale at the moment but everything has a price!!! :smiley:

I have an '07 197 that's 99% through having a hi-spec 225 engine fitted and should be finished by the end of the week. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with her once she's finished at the moment so for the right offer she'd be available and the added bonus is as she's still in the garage you could still have some input into the final spec'.

Exige' are holding their money like you wouldn't believe

4 years old and still retaining 75% of its original selling price is mad

Mint S1's that are 10 years old are fetching their original selling price

We sold a ltd edition Elise 4 years ago for 19k. Its now for sale again with more mile for 23k.....

Mines not a keeper, just cant find anything to replace it with.....'Damn you Clio' why are you so bloody good!!!!

Last edited:
and a more "complete" reliable one....

this is why I keep toying with sticking cams in the clio, changing the air intake to a v6 one, and getting the inlets matched and throttle body widened.

BUT .... the clio is so much fun. If I meg it, then it breaks then i'll fix it.. plus if i keep the clio forever it will end up needing a gearbox anyways so...

theres a few items on the megane that are different to help with the added power...

not taking away what the guys have done on here to turbo/megane the clio - some inspired work!!!

BUT for me I would keep it a n/a engine and just give it some "tweeks" as its not the best of engines to get more n/a power out of...

I'm not so romantic about the Clio engine and gearbox cause it heavily relies on the Clio's chassis. Its the worst 'standalone' engine I've had in a car bar none. Anything outside of the track, its completely unusable. Renaultsport created the illusion that your going fast but your not, its the speed you can take into and carry out of the corners that the Clio excels in. The ability to maintain that speed is absolutely a masterpiece.

Don't want to argue about the merits of both, but just to say the Megg'd Clio is a completely different animal than simply buying a Megane. Its like most stuff on forums though, its really down to personally preference and informed choice. Hard to really explain it, till you've experienced both...

Last edited:
Why is it more reliable tho. I have a Clio that leaves Meganes for dead, in my book you can't get more "complete" than that

any conversion is fraught with issues and reliability issues - parts on the clio will wear out faster as it wasn't designed from the outset with 300hp+ and torque...meganes can take the abuse better!

Last edited:
any conversion is fraught with issues and reliability issues - parts on the clio will wear out faster as it wasn't designed from the outset with 300hp+ and torque...meganes can take the abuse better!

Fair point but then again they are all parts that would need replacing under wear and tear anyway. Just a good excuse to upgrade them.. Lol

Why is it more reliable tho. I have a Clio that leaves Meganes for dead, in my book you can't get more "complete" than that

Think he is meaning buy a meg and keep it standard.

All depends on what you want out if a car, for me the Clio is all about the N/A. Take that out the car and you take its sole out.

That is not to say you ruin it or make it worse or that I'm knocking meg engined clios.

It's just what the Clio is about for me.

Fair point but then again they are all parts that would need replacing under wear and tear anyway. Just a good excuse to upgrade them.. Lol

very true and your ideally place to exploit that!

all I would say is if you get chance look at the clio and megane front perfo-hub system....that will give you an idea of how much more the front hub bearings have to be upgraded for the turbo torque!

Last edited: