Nankang Tyres?

Been hearing a lot about then recently, any good?

Looking at the NS2's, seen on eBay your can get a 2 new NS2's for £104. Which is a bargin.

I've always been one for different tyres, think the well known brands are over rated.

Used to use Syron Street Race on my old civic which I know a few of you on here use and I think are awesome, not amazing in the wet but oh well lol.

I think [MENTION=1272]Fernandez[/MENTION] uses (and sells) them. He rates them quite highly.

I on the other hand thought they were the worst tyres I've ever had! And I've used lolots mind you I can't remember exactly which model they were

I on the other hand thought they were the worst tyres I've ever had! And I've used lolots mind you I can't remember exactly which model they were

Probably the normal NS2'S which are shocking... You wouldn't say that about the NS-2R's.. :smile:

They came on my smart for four brabus.
After near death experience daily they came off after about a month

Ns2R's defo wouldnt be on a smart car lol! I can vouch how epic these tyres are!

the NS2's were alright had them on the meg the ns20's were terrible had them on the Clio and took them off quite quickly lol

I came across some Nankang ones a few days ago, was tempted to buy a set of 4 just to use at the 'ring next month.

Either that or just leave it (fronts are very low) and just but two new RE050A when back

Actually just checked again and its no the 'R' ones i was looking at. Angel, think you sell Nankang but had told me before the R ones weren't available for 19s?

Ns2R's defo wouldnt be on a smart car lol! I can vouch how epic these tyres are!

Makes me laugh when people say stuff like this (and happens a lot) no body really knows anything about the forfour brabus (was only about 250 bought) was a really good car and fast too, in fact identical on paper with clio 197

I've owned 1 roadster 3 fortwo's and 2 forfours! Marmite cars but I love them :smile:
[MENTION=1272]Fernandez[/MENTION] I miss my roadster, it was forsale last year, lives in Dublin I think now

I've owned 1 roadster 3 fortwo's and 2 forfours! Marmite cars but I love them :smile:
[MENTION=1272]Fernandez[/MENTION] I miss my roadster, it was forsale last year, lives in Dublin I think now

Bet the VRT on bringing that into the Republic of Ireland was a killer.

Last edited:
Been hearing a lot about then recently, any good?

Looking at the NS2's, seen on eBay your can get a 2 new NS2's for £104. Which is a bargin.

I've always been one for different tyres, think the well known brands are over rated.

Used to use Syron Street Race on my old civic which I know a few of you on here use and I think are awesome, not amazing in the wet but oh well lol.

I really cannot understand why people spend lot of money for performance oriented drivers car and then spoil that car with chinese tyres which will compromise handling.
Just buy sportcontact 5 and it will be fine.

I really cannot understand why people spend lot of money for performance oriented drivers car and then spoil that car with chinese tyres which will compromise handling.

The Contis are NOT a good tyre. Their marketing department has done a great job but they are vastly overpriced and are not a 'sports' tyre as they can't really cope with 'sports' driving. Possibly the worst tyres I've had the misfortune to have (they've come on the last two cars I've bought). Personally I can't beat Bridgestone at the the moment, I'm currently on Potenza RE070 but the RE050A is a great tyre too. But pretty much every tyre I've tried has been better than the Contis it came on. I've not tried the Nankangs but in their soft compound option I'm sure they will be better than the Contis, couldn't be any worse.

Really depends on what you want/need from it. Day to day driving the CS5 is far better than RE050A

Lol.. The Conti 5 is a ditch finder compared to the 'car spoiling Chinese' NS-2R. I have customers that have switched from 888's to these and won't be going back..

You really should swallow your pride, try some, save some cash along the way and join the growing ranks who realise that Conti's are far too overated.. Amen

Lol.. The Conti 5 is a ditch finder compared to the 'car spoiling Chinese' NS-2R. I have customers that have switched from 888's to these and won't be going back..

You really should swallow your pride, try some, save some cash along the way and join the growing ranks who realise that Conti's are far too overated.. Amen

How much am I looking at for 4x NS-2R's then from you mate? Standard 200 17" size.

I did a set of the bridgestones on my old car and they were good but didn't notice much difference in them and the Syrons which were a hell of a lot cheaper.