• Great

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Ok

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Terrible

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
Hey Guys,

I've been reading alot of reviews on tyres. I currently have Goodyear Egeal F1 AS2s. They are great. Good in the dry and the wet. Wear doesnt seem to bad but when pushing the car quite hard I am getting understeer. I know how to control it but I feel the car is able to do more and the tyres are letting it down.

Anyway everyone seems to be raving about Nankang NS-2R's.

What are these tyres like in the wet?? Also how quicky do they wear?

I would look to get the 180 Medium ones as will be for Fast Road use.

Thanks

Last edited:
I've got these in 180 and in the dry they are epic, I rarely oversteer unless the road is a tad rough, but in my own experience I do worry slightly in the wet, unless you can keep the heat up there not very good, any standing water is always bad with any tyre but the large about of rubber in contact the road. I had these on a very wet track day and the first couple of laps were a bit slow but once I got the heat in them they held well in the wet.

Wear wise pretty good look for the tread wear value on your goodyears and go from there, if the number is smaller than ns-2r's these will last longer, mines a daily and I've had them on since may and they've plenty of life left.

As for the poll id go OK as there definitely not terrible and for great these would have to perform well in the wet also.

This is purely my opinion, others may have different views obviously :smile:

They are far better than the conti's I had in the dry. And about the same in the wet.
Wear rate I've had mine since may too and I've done a track day and still plenty left.
Fast driving in the wet is for track so unless I'm pissed off with someone's poor driving and need to floor it in first then I don't loose traction.

In my experience of these tyres they are verrrrrry width dependant, not sure how you guys will fare on them in 215 width but in 195 width they made a half decent intermediate option for track days and road use, so, i thought what the hell at that price i will give them a go on the r26....

entertaining is the best i will give them in a 235 width, as the tread blocks get wider with the tyres width they lose grip in the wet and also become a lot more difficult to get heat into....

When I bought my 197 it had prestivo sport tyres on all four corners, all even tread wear and fairly new so that was all i was looking for car purchase wise, but I have never experienced such a scary tyre in wet (even damp) conditions lol, positively scary at slow speeds, dry are just about bearable.

Nankangs a good choice for fast road but also as a daily driver?

Not really imho as you wont get the heat in them on a daily that they need

The Nankangs in 180 are perfect for the road. In 120 Soft they are more suited to track work as they really do need heat in them. As pointed out the wider you go the wider the tread blocks as with any tyre so the more heat needed but for the price they are unbeatable.

Last edited:
Under the question in this thread id take rainsport 2 as well, in xl loading id trust them over the ns2r in the dry as they are much more temperature stable as well

Granted under the heading Rainsports will be better in the wet on the limit but the OP points out that his Eagle F1's are prone to understeer in the dry so on dry tarmac I wouldn't touch Rainsports as their compound is rated much harder than both the F1's and the NS-2R's so it doesn't take a genius to work out that the level of grip in the dry is far lower.

So taking that into account they are nowhere as good as the Nankang. As for temperature stable the NS-2R's are gaining a fantastic reputation for their abilities at being stable on long stints. I have many emails from customers who praise the abilities of these tyres compared to the likes of the 595's and AD08R'S which are in the same bracket.

We have customers who will purchase these over 888's as in their words Yes a 888 is a better tyre but they are not £320 per 4 corners better.

In total honesty though tyre choice is subjective and all down to personal taste, what works for one will not work for another and people's opinion will differ. I for one and 75% of this poll think they are ok in the wet. Certainly better than other tyres I have used and I have used most of them that are on the market.

Last edited:
The Nankangs in 180 are perfect for the road. In 120 Soft they are more suited to track work as they really do need heat in them. As pointed out the wider you go the wider the tread blocks as with any tyre so the more heat needed but for the price they are unbeatable.

Am I right in saying the Clio's Tire is 215? Could I get away by putting a 225 on the same alloy? Looking for less understeer for when a change comes. I know I've asked before but I've got a memory like a civ.