My new project :)

iAndy

Platinum Member
Well today I have started the strip down of my donor vehicle to make a track prepared toy. Donor is a 1.8 Mazda MX5 and I am hopefully going to have it on the road early next year with a supercharger fitted :smile:

exocet2.jpg

exocet1.jpg

MazdaDonorVehicle.jpg

Yeah I think they are, can't believe how much the mx5 bits are worth! Doors, wings and bonnet gone! £40 each! Guy who wanted them has told me what some of the other bits should be advertised at and I will be in profit with the car in next couple of days! That's keeping all suspension, brakes, steering and engine plus gearbox. Just my waste stuff :smile:

Yeah I think they are, can't believe how much the mx5 bits are worth! Doors, wings and bonnet gone! £40 each! Guy who wanted them has told me what some of the other bits should be advertised at and I will be in profit with the car in next couple of days! That's keeping all suspension, brakes, steering and engine plus gearbox. Just my waste stuff :smile:

now thats the way to do it :drunk:

Yeah, for a track car.... can be made for about £3000 as a road car £4000 depends on what you want to do, I was looking at what I could do to my 200 and then thought to spend £3-4k on a 12 plate car to be more fun on the track was a silly idea, so bought the MX5 and started looking for supercharger, this evolved into a kit car

Yeah question is if I have the driving skill not to stack it! .. standard engine 131bhp...... This crazy chinese guy that comes into work says that the engine can handle up to 300bhp.... so that makes it a crazy 494bhp/ton.... standard without any engine work will make it a nice 195bhp/ton :smile:

Yeah when you run them forced induction (thes lots of SC or turbo options) then the standard engine is actually a pretty bullet proof little unit. I'm not really a fan of the Exocets, purely because I think they look fugly, but fair play to you it's a serious project and I'm sure the end result will be a brilliant fun!

If your not already, get yourself on mx5nutz there's a **** ton of info on there and a few Exocet owners.

Yeah it is a bit fugly, but just makes a mx5 even lighter and heard nothing but praise for the chassis design of exocet :smile: Will see how we go on with the build, am not wanting a carbon replica of what everyone else is building so it may end up slightly different with a bit of luck :smile: