My B14 review

Hi Guys,

I'll start with mine and the cars background, first off I work as a mechanic at AmD Tuning on there road car side and also for the last 6 years no 2 mechanic on the BTCC team, this year I'll be with the Focus of Mike Bushell so if you come to any of the rounds come and say hello.

I've had my clio F1 for around 8 months, initially no mods, but shortly after I fitted the H&R lowering springs (along with full exhaust and remap) these were great for looks but found the handling minimally different (positive but minimal) from the factory cup springs.

This brings me onto to my latest purchase (fitted Monday) a lovely shiny set of Bilstein B14's.

since fitting I've set the ride height at the front the same as the H&R's and raised the rear an extra 5mm to give it some rake, turn in feels much better, and sometimes previously I've felt the car almost fell over itself during some corners, with the B14's this is dramatically reduced!

The ride comfort is very similar to the cup dampers and H&Rs maybe a touch firmer but in no way harsh or crashy.

ive read the posts concerning spring rates but I'll wait until I get it on the track before I get to worried.

In terms of quality since only selling bilsteins we have had 1 issue with a damper, compared to the "premium" brand we sold before (stopped due to endless failures and customer service!)

Also like to say we offer free fitting on all bilsteins at the moment if anyone's interested

Hope it's some help for you all, here's a quick pic and don't forget to follow us on Instagram! @amd_tuning

AEA1C0B8-8E3F-4848-BCB6-0F30CCE0D984_zpswyuq45rh.jpg

Last edited:
Glad to read a review on these and happy to see its positive. I've always ruled out springs for my F1, but have always thought of coilovers down the line. Namely KW. Though now with the Bilsteins thrown into the mix I could easily be swayed and the fact you have good first hand experience of them as a brand is a huge positive.

Thanks for the feedback, I'm sure others will find it useful :smile:.

Not a problem at all [MENTION=3002]-Eddie-[/MENTION] I don't want to specifically name the company we've had to stop selling, but it is your other option, to put it into perspective we supply and fit at least one suspension kit a day normally more and one failure with Bilsteins compared to the 2 or 3 a week we had previously

These where always going to be a fantastic coilover. Best there is for the 182's imo. Spring rates....bilstein have gone with what they have for a reason. They no what there doing.

I'm sure you'll love them on track mate, like I said on 182's for road and track there awesome!

I'll yell out big4244 and see if you yell back lol [emoji23]

you dont mess about,do you? :coffee:
really happy for you..good to hear that you you find them an improvement...

thank you for your feedback..we are finding it very useful already :thumbup1:

Last edited:
Reactions: Condogc
Hi Going to fit mine at the weekend reading the manual it says don't fit the from dust covers on a 200 -from 09-2010 on?? It shows different top mounts for the 07-2010 and 09-2010? I thought they didn't do the small top mount B14 yet ? or is this another issue as the mount holes look the same to me! Weird !

any picures with these on yet, any further reviews? tempted to buy, running h&R springs at the moment on standard shocks