mpg figure

today i heard that everyone had been panic buying petrol and that congleton was dry of fuel and as i only had another 30miles range i thought i would have a nice drive out to find some.
once filled i thought i would see what the best average mpg was i could get. so i used my cruise control (first time ever used cruise control..... was a strange feeling) set it to 50 and away i went.
when i got home this was what i got which i thought was cracking :smiley:......

Attachments

• IMG_0374.jpg
    IMG_0374.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 255
hahahaha well after averaging 21.4 since i got it (only week n half) thought best give it an "economy run"
i can see how it looks though ;/ :tongue_smilie:

Highest I've had is 99MPG

That is achieved by resetting the clock at the top of a long hill and then coasting for a couple of miles off throttle lol

I don't understand why people do this.

To get an accurate MPG figure you need to drive it for a while with mixed environments of driving (Motorway/City), not just sat on an A-road doing 50 all the way.

ive never reset mine in a year of owning the car,it reads 24mpg,dont no weather thats good or bad but tbh i'm not arsed,the thrill of giving it some far out ways the price of fuel

Highest I've had is 99MPG

That is achieved by resetting the clock at the top of a long hill and then coasting for a couple of miles off throttle lol

haha nice one :tongue_smilie:

I don't understand why people do this.

To get an accurate MPG figure you need to drive it for a while with mixed environments of driving (Motorway/City), not just sat on an A-road doing 50 all the way.

sorry bud didnt realise it was going to be so offensive to you. ill think before i post offensive behaviour next time

Iv managed 36mpg on a 200 miles trip doing around 65mph.

Not bad.

Best I've bad with a good mix of driving is 29mpg

i think im averaging totally around 27-28 ish n im pleased so there great figures :smile:

ive never reset mine in a year of owning the car,it reads 24mpg,dont no weather thats good or bad but tbh i'm not arsed,the thrill of giving it some far out ways the price of fuel

good shout. im not too bothered really to be fair. i dont think i could resist of the high reving song for that long haha. tbh i just wondered how high the clock would go on a "run" and was quite suprised lol .

I managed 43.06 over the last week of commuting, 242 miles in total at an indicated average speed of 35 mph.

Quite impressed with them to be honest, nowhere near as bad as I thought they'd be.

I managed 43.06 over the last week of commuting, 242 miles in total at an indicated average speed of 35 mph.

Quite impressed with them to be honest, nowhere near as bad as I thought they'd be.

43 ...... thats cracking mate. bet it will soon come down again at weekends :tongue_smilie:. ye i no what you mean so far for me it doesnt seem to be any thirstier than my last car :smile: im all about "spirited driving" but it nice to know if really necessary you can do ok.

It's down this week...almost finished the tank and is showing 31.8 which in reality will likely be around 35.

That's from giving it a good squirt at every opportunity too...I love minor A and B roads!

i usally get about 28mpg town/backroads , if i sit on motorways at a steady speed around 30 is usally were it ends up

Hahahahahaha that's is quality chris lmao. How in christs name you manage that (apart from thrashing the **** out of it)?

i was in a bit of a bad mood that night so gave the car some beans with my mate and his focus ST lol, then stuck in traffic for a while, the car seems to pop a little when you catch the bite and rev it a little so i was doing that alot aswell.

the clutch was minging only blew the old one up last month aswell lol.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Tomc197 Clio General Chat 5
Jools Clio 197 Area 21
L Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust and Air Intake 22
E1bert Clio General Chat 17
Gus Clio General Chat 17