Moving on... maybe

hi

Has anyone moved on to another car and rated it as high as their previous 197/200?

I’ve had my 200 3 years 40k miles now, loved it too bits, treated her very well too, no problems here then.

Just ready to try something new. Dosent need to be faster than the 200 as such, I think it’s fast enough.

hi

Has anyone moved on to another car and rated it as high as their previous 197/200?

I’ve had my 200 3 years 40k miles now, loved it too bits, treated her very well too, no problems here then.

Just ready to try something new. Dosent need to be faster than the 200 as such, I think it’s fast enough.
i went to megane trophy.
Love Renault sports

Daily commuter and weekend car, B roads, not much traffic.

MPG not great concern, might get into a 330i 07/10 to get some 6 cylinder action.

PS. 330 is a VERY good car but nothing like as exciting to throw down a B road as your Clio is. You'd need an M3 for that. And still it doesn't have quite as much fun factor on a winding stretch of tarmac.

BUT if you can stretch to an M3 and don't pile the miles on it, prices a climbing VERY well now. You could run it for years and make money!

If you can, keep the Clio and buy a daily. You'll enjoy the Clio a LOT more, trust me.

That’s what I’ve done, £300 meg 1.5 dci for daily with 14k miles a year.
Clio 200 in the garage, however it’s not moved since November.
Think iv only covered a few hundred miles in the last year.

Reactions: ///M
That’s what I’ve done, £300 meg 1.5 dci for daily with 14k miles a year.
Clio 200 in the garage, however it’s not moved since November.
Think iv only covered a few hundred miles in the last year.

Smart move mate. And yes the Clio might not have moved much but keeping the miles down isn't a bad thing as long as it's stored properly.

Next time you get in it, it will feel like much more of an event!

:smile:

Smart move mate. And yes the Clio might not have moved much but keeping the miles down isn't a bad thing as long as it's stored properly.

Next time you get in it, it will feel like much more of an event!

:smile:
Every time i drive mine it is an event @///M but my have a change soon

Reactions: ///M
Every time i drive mine it is an event @///M but my have a change soon

You're different mate. You don't need a daily as you change your cars so much you always have that new car buzz!

Actually, you're long overdue a change, it must have been ten minutes now? :smiley:

Seems like your Trophy might have got under your skin a little?

FB_IMG_1517159378451.jpg renaultsportmegane275_06.jpg
You're different mate. You don't need a daily as you change your cars so much you always have that new car buzz!

Actually, you're long overdue a change, it must have been ten minutes now? :smiley:

Seems like your Trophy might have got under your skin a little?
12 mins @///M but been Offerd this at silly money its is right hand drive its a 275 Trophy with Monitor and Akra

Reactions: Benno and ///M
Funny, second time this happened. I want to keep my 200 again!

Because it’s my daily I sometimes forget what a gem it is and also ive spent good amount on maintenance, common repairs, etc last 3 years and the value of it has dropped like a stone, I might aswell enjoy it instead of ploughing anther good few grand and selling this for not much at all when really it’s a damn good car.

Also I forgot how fast the 200 actually is! Quickly doing silly numbers when going for it. Loving it again, really solid little beast.

Thanks for input guys.

Biggest problem I'm having at the moment is finding something to replace the Clio without spending a fortune.

Clio really has done me well - bought for £6300 3 years and 40K miles ago and its never let me down. Not even so much as a stutter on a cold morning. Driving it daily and taking it easy for the majority of miles you really do forget what its capable of when giving it some. Genuinely struggling to find any suitable replacement under about £10K

Quite happy to stick with Renault and it's really a toss up between a Meg (ideally 265) or a MK4 Clio RS (need to test drive one to see what I make of the auto box)

Biggest problem I'm having at the moment is finding something to replace the Clio without spending a fortune.

Clio really has done me well - bought for £6300 3 years and 40K miles ago and its never let me down. Not even so much as a stutter on a cold morning. Driving it daily and taking it easy for the majority of miles you really do forget what its capable of when giving it some. Genuinely struggling to find any suitable replacement under about £10K

Quite happy to stick with Renault and it's really a toss up between a Meg (ideally 265) or a MK4 Clio RS (need to test drive one to see what I make of the auto box)

Exactly, ditto.

I started looking at M135’s and newish golf gti’s, which I just cannot justify at this stage of my life when I already have a great car In good shape and one of the last of its kind.

She’s a keeper for now.