MK4 interior light cover

Got some LED bulbs I wanted to replace the stock lights with but try as I might I can not get the interior light cover off. I've tried a flat head screwdriver on the front, back and side of the unit but nothing just looks like it's going to snap off.

Am I doing something wrong.

Please do forgive me if it's a stupid question.

Phil

I've been trying exactly the same thing! Had two goes with a flat blade, no joy, feels like it's going to break. Can't find anything on line either.

Did the boot and number plate fine with LEDs.

Simon.

I've been trying exactly the same thing! Had two goes with a flat blade, no joy, feels like it's going to break. Can't find anything on line either.

Did the boot and number plate fine with LEDs.

Simon.
I know right!

Which LEDs did you get? Think I got the wrong sized wrongs as they seem too big and couldn't get them to fit.

Not sure you guys are still stuck but I just changed mine ended up being T10 bulbs inside 3x

To get inside you grab the front of the whole panel and pull down then once loose pull towards the rear of the car it should then become fully loose them disconnect the plug on the rear pop in the 2clips from the inside and the panel will then release

Hope this helps any Clio Iv owners

Not sure you guys are still stuck but I just changed mine ended up being T10 bulbs inside 3x

To get inside you grab the front of the whole panel and pull down then once loose pull towards the rear of the car it should then become fully loose them disconnect the plug on the rear pop in the 2clips from the inside and the panel will then release

Hope this helps any Clio Iv owners

Filofaith, thanks for that. When you say grab the front, do you mean the side nearest the windscreen or the rear of the car? Did you use any tools to help remove it?

Cheers .... Simon.

Lol, still unsure! Are you talking about the whole panel that is attached to the roof and includes the airbag lights?

Sorry I'll clarify grab the whole complete panel airbag lights and all and pull down on the side closest to the rear of the car follow other steps above

Thanks for the tips, got there on the third attempt!

Much easier when explained. Took some photos to assist anyone else wanting to change/upgrade to LEDs.

Pull down back of the panel away from roof lining .....

a5f28d231f6c6ddbdd1670ab3ae36ef7.jpg

You can bend the panel in the middle (bow it) to help clear the wiring from the roof lining. Unclip the wiring block from the panel, I used long nose pliers. Remove the lighting pod from the panel, bit tricky, I had to use a bit of force.

1d71872caf36573b0bfb2317098d7435.jpg

Light panel looks like this .......

fe522fc50dd4fd91acefd818dbdbc9f7.jpg

I fitted some 501 LEDs. Test them before you put it all back together, one of mine was installed the wrong way round.

421654418637eb89c43ae84462d1f76b.jpg

Clip everything back together, be careful with the delicate wires.

Finished article .........

5572dd5db34ec44dc73bd1301dd8c4ed.jpg

I can actually see in the car now when it's dark!

Cheers........

Simon.

Thanks for the tips, got there on the third attempt!

Much easier when explained. Took some photos to assist anyone else wanting to change/upgrade to LEDs.

Pull down back of the panel away from roof lining .....

a5f28d231f6c6ddbdd1670ab3ae36ef7.jpg

You can bend the panel in the middle (bow it) to help clear the wiring from the roof lining. Unclip the wiring block from the panel, I used long nose pliers. Remove the lighting pod from the panel, bit tricky, I had to use a bit of force.

1d71872caf36573b0bfb2317098d7435.jpg

Light panel looks like this .......

fe522fc50dd4fd91acefd818dbdbc9f7.jpg

I fitted some 501 LEDs. Test them before you put it all back together, one of mine was installed the wrong way round.

421654418637eb89c43ae84462d1f76b.jpg

Clip everything back together, be careful with the delicate wires.

Finished article .........

5572dd5db34ec44dc73bd1301dd8c4ed.jpg

I can actually see in the car now when it's dark!

Cheers........

Simon.
And good for when you go dogging

Joking aside, thanks for the tips and pics. Will have to buy some more now.

Finally did mine today, bloody hell you're not kidding the light housing is difficult to get out!

Worth it though I'd say, much nicer light
[MENTION=15504]Gilmos1[/MENTION]

5913d7dda5dcffae8fc9f8762fec2c46.jpg