Mk3 Spacers

MarcB

Paid Member
Right im now looking to have a good decent set of spacers but "WITHOUT" longer wheel bolts as I don't trust them.

Whats the best spacers to go for and what's the biggest I can go also ?

I have seen these H&R 25mm spacers on KAMRacing.

Screenshot 2021-10-03 at 20.28.47.png

I have also seen these from RTR

Screenshot 2021-10-03 at 20.34.14.png

I wouldn’t advise anything over 20mm ones personally. The 25’s really make the steering horrible imo

Any reason for not wanting longer studs/bolts? Plenty of us running on track. I’ve never been a fan of the bolt on ones as it’s another failure point. (Appreciate you didn’t ask for my opinion)

I wouldn’t advise anything over 20mm ones personally. The 25’s really make the steering horrible imo

Any reason for not wanting longer studs/bolts? Plenty of us running on track. I’ve never been a fan of the bolt on ones as it’s another failure point. (Appreciate you didn’t ask for my opinion)

Happy for all opinion's and input as I want the best for the car along with good looks as I feel the wheels sit in way too much.

Would you advise 16mm speacers with longer wheel studs ?

I just didn’t want to come across all “I know best do as I say” sorta thing.

I run 19’s on mine, which still look decent and I don’t feel impact the steering all that much.
You could use longer bolts, or the stud adaptors (which are a serviceable item really). I’d go for bolts unless you’re doing a lot of trackdays.

So 16mm / 20mm spacers with a stud & nut conversion is maybe my best choice.

Like I say I don't want extended / longer wheel bolts as I don't trust them and I want something that's going to be safe and secure and actually works.

I concur with the above by RSRowe

We used 19mm spacers by BIMECC - https://renaultpartscentre.co.uk/pr...mm-wheel-spacers-for-renault-clio-mk3-197-200

Must admit I’ve never been a fan of bolt on spacers (the thought of 10 wheel nuts per corner !)

I prefer (and have used) longer studs and nuts rather than bolts (makes wheel changes easier also)

So what you are saying is 19mm BIMECC spacers with a stud & nut conversion ?
What size of stud & nut would I need for this ?

So what you are saying is 19mm BIMECC spacers with a stud & nut conversion ?
What size of stud & nut would I need for this ?

I did a post here to use with 20mm spacers (so will work fine for you)

Even has a discount code with TRS

You need different sizes front to back (longer fronts) as the discs act as a "spacer) as the flange will go past the disc to go to the hub underneath.

Reactions: Sean197
Yes, with 19, 20 or 21mm spacers (my bad I run 21mm Pure Motorsport spacers).

Edit: are you going to run different sized front to back? Or same all round? That post is for someone running 20mm all round.

Yes, with 19, 20 or 21mm spacers (my bad I run 21mm Pure Motorsport spacers).

Edit: are you going to run different sized front to back? Or same all round? That post is for someone running 20mm all round.

I would be running 19mm / 20mm / 21mm all round

All spacers will be the same

I would be running 19mm / 20mm / 21mm all round

All spacers will be the same

Yeah then as per yours and my post, you need different sized studs front to back (this is for many of our OCD, otherwise the front studs sit further in compared to backs)

Front
Spacer = 20mm x 2
Studs = 90mm (70mm thread length) x 10

Rear
Spacer = 20mm x 2
Studs = 82mm (62mm thread length) x 10

Nuts = x 20

Reactions: PAUL JA and suj