Milltek exhaust system

Hi I have a clio 197 I'm thinking of a non resonated system I have looked on utube but there's not a great deal of videos I want to know if it still sounds loud just driving normal round town and in 30 mph zones don't want to spend the £475 and I find there's not alot of difference thanks milltek is what I'm looking at thanks

Eyup mate, I haven't tried milltek but I can sing the praises of the scorpion system ive put on mine! Used scorpion on all of my cars and found that they provide a lovely sporty tone, on the 197 its quite bassy at low rpm which isn't too invasive, and then completely changes when you put foot down and sounds amazing and pops nicely on the over-run. However im bias!

I have a Milltek Non-Res - its not too loud and i have never been driving and thought its too intrusive. No-one has ever commented on the loudness either, pootling around town its fine, the volume increases when you open the taps. I like it!

I've also got a Milltek but mines the resonated version, I can't comment on the non-res version as I've never heard one in person but for me the Milltek is spot on. You won't be disappointed!
It gives a nice deep burble round town and gives off a few cheeky pops and bangs to boot. Take it higher up into the revs and the tone changes slightly and it becomes a lot more vocal, especially after 5krpm.

Milltek are known to be on the more subtle end of exhausts but they do have a nice sound/tone to them and it doesn't make your ears bleed like some systems can. The difference over standard will be night and day I can guarantee that. My car came with the exhaust already on so I've never been in a standard one but I've heard a few drive by on track days and at car shows. There doesn't seem to be much going on in the exhaust noise department from the standard system, to me you can hear the induction note more than the exhaust note from the outside on standard 197/200s.

Thinking about it , recently did a full lap of the ring and held a normal volume conversation all the way round. Hopefully that gives you a good idea at full chat.

I have non res version with decat pipe. Would suggest mine sounds louder than above comments. Windows up, inside the cabin, not too loud. windows down, blip the throttle, and loads of noise, with a nice raspy tone.