Milltek Exhaust Rattle on Diffuser

chapperzuk

Gold Member
The milltek exhaust system on my R27 seems to be rattling on the diffuser. The right pipe is sitting towards the left and touching against the diffuser. You can hear the rattle when sitting still with the engine running and at certain revs when moving. It's quite annoying. The left pipe isn't touching, but could do with being moved over to right a slight bit.

What's the best way to fix this? Should most garages be able to sort it?

I had a Ktec zorst and I had the slash cut tailpipes taken off and got a exhaust garage to put new round tailpipes on, they said my exhaust was moved over shifted it a little but had to weld one side of the new round tailpipes so they looked straight when looking if didn't do that mine be all out of shape.

Looking at my milltek it looks like the gap between the exhaust tips is about an inch too short. The rattling is terrible though, I just waiting for it at about 3000 rpm

Looking at my milltek it looks like the gap between the exhaust tips is about an inch too short. The rattling is terrible though, I just waiting for it at about 3000 rpm

Mine's still like it. I just have to pull on the exhaust (probably not a good thing) to move it away. It stays fine for a while, but then just goes back to where it was.

Hi chapperez

I use to have the miltek on my old 197 and the rattle use to drive my nuts. Mine use to rattle around 3k revs

Originally I thought the exhaust was rattling against the diffuser, so one day I was feeling angry and removed the diffuser and ripped off my heat shielding(thinking this would stop the tinny noise) but took it down the road and there was still a tinny noise, i was confused so I drove the car down the road without my diffuser too, no difference.

On closer inspection found that one of the back boxes where actually hitting the spare tool WELL that holds the jack and toe hook ect., took me ages to find a solution but I ended up removing the exhaust mounts and putting washers in to lower the exhaust, I don't have the pics anymore but there was a thread on how to solve it so I'll try to find it for you. This completely solved the problem and I was so happy.

This might not work for you but try removing the diffuser and going for a drive and listen out for the noise, then you will know if it actually hitting the diffuser.

I love miltek, but they are defiantly not the best quality. :worried: