Milltek Exhaust - Broke / Fell Off

chapperzuk

Gold Member
Hey guys. I've ran into some trouble with my car today. I drove down to Reading from Birmingham this morning and noticed the exhaust getting pretty loud. By the time I arrived it was ridiculously loud with lots of pops / bangs, which my exhaust doesn't usually do. I have a millet cat-back exhaust system that was bought by a previous owner.

Called the RAC out to check my car out and it turns out the back end of the exhaust has 'sheered' off. You can literally rock the rear tailpipes and the whole back end of the exhaust rocks. It's loose and resting on the rear diffuser. Drove home okay, but it was still deafening!

I'm not sure why it's happened, whether it's able to be welded or where to take it. Can anyone recommend anywhere in and around the Sutton Coldfield / Birmingham area to take it to be looked at / fixed? Has anyone had a similar problem before?

Thanks in advance :smile:

Hey guys. I've ran into some trouble with my car today. I drove down to Reading from Birmingham this morning and noticed the exhaust getting pretty loud. By the time I arrived it was ridiculously loud with lots of pops / bangs, which my exhaust doesn't usually do. I have a millet cat-back exhaust system that was bought by a previous owner.

Called the RAC out to check my car out and it turns out the back end of the exhaust has 'sheered' off. You can literally rock the rear tailpipes and the whole back end of the exhaust rocks. It's loose and resting on the rear diffuser. Drove home okay, but it was still deafening!

I'm not sure why it's happened, whether it's able to be welded or where to take it. Can anyone recommend anywhere in and around the Sutton Coldfield / Birmingham area to take it to be looked at / fixed? Has anyone had a similar problem before?

Thanks in advance :smile:

Apparently the Milltek system corrodes really well. Not the first time I've heard of this but certainly the first time where I've heard of one actually sheer off.