Middle section delete - is it worth it?

LB197

Gold Member
Hi Guys just after a bit of advice, so i'm after a bit of noise from my 197 but don't want it ruining my life. So i've been looking at removing the centre section, ive heard about there being a flatspot but realistically how much does this affect the driving experience? Also does this make the car drone like crazy?

I suppose what i'm after is something that's quiet when driving around normally and then a good rasp when i put my foot down, not something that annoys the neighbours and nobody wants to get in my car because of the noise.

I had a toyosport on my 182 and never want anything that bellowing again!

Thanks in advance

From what I understand its frowned upon. Very loud but sounds good at full chat. However, will be drony and noisy.

Have a look at them on Youtube, quite a lot of videos of centre resonator deletes.

Get yourself a Scorpion resonated exhaust. Lovely bit of noise when you plant it but no droning whatsoever.

My 197 has the centre section deleted, was like that when I bought it.

It’s horrible, I’m looking to get the system back to standard. I like a bit of noise but this really isn’t great, the drone is awful and the flat spot is colossal.

I’d seriously advise against.

Dont do it. I have bought a car with the centre section missing and the noise is embarrassing. I have just welded a centre silencer in and it is much quieter and more responsive.

I fitted a KTR decat and Exhaust to my 197 and hated it from day one. The flat spot was horrible and the drone from the exhaust would have made your ears bleed.

Swapped it out for a Akrapovic and never looked back. Night and day in terms of sound etc. Loved it so much I bought another for my 200.

YES do it- Love it and crackles more to.....did 90mph for 10 hours to France no issue at all!!

Ooo, this flat spot that people talk about, is it really noticeable and what does it entail? Also is it quite loud inside the car?
Thanks

All C3RS (197 and 200) have this flatspot. It means that the car doesn't really wants to pull at around 3-3.5k rpm. My personal experience is that it's not always the same and also seems to be depending on the "form of the day" of the car and external conditions (like weather for example).

Some exhaust combinations seem to reduce the flat spot but if you want to get totally rid off it the car has to be remapped.

I don't know about the noise in the car as I've never driven one with a delete but would guess that it can drone quite a bit.

Reactions: LB197
Ooo, this flat spot that people talk about, is it really noticeable and what does it entail? Also is it quite loud inside the car?
Thanks
i had the flat spot anyway so thought how much worse can it be.....im planning a remap in any event plus my car is not a daily so was not so concerned.
if i put the radio on and dont race everywhere the noise is just perfect and not to loud at all........(best part of being an NA is this noise and the reason i love this car so much!

Do it . Removed mine last weekend . Absolutely love it how it sound now. No drone inside too .

Do it . Removed mine last weekend . Absolutely love it how it sound now. No drone inside too .
It's something that i keep coming back to and wanting, the main worry is that its going to be quite loud inside the car, my 182 was just silly haha.

It's something that i keep coming back to and wanting, the main worry is that its going to be quite loud inside the car, my 182 was just silly haha.
Below 5k rpm sounds very similar inside , which is what i like, mine is daily at the moment and i would hate it if it was loud inside.