Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Pilot Sport 3

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Adrian

Platinum Legend
Platinum Member
Need a full new set of boots due to running winter tyres at the moment. Car should have Michelin Pilot Sport 2 on, but don't know whether to go for these or Pilot Sport 3??

Last edited:
not tried either but would say use the "newest" tyre as that will be made with the latest rubber compound and tread design :thumbup:

Ps3's are amazing!! Got them on my 182, very very good in the wet and amazing in the dry! Best road tyre IMO. Inspires so much confidence, much better than the conti sport 2's I got it with!!

If I wasn't sticking with track day tyres, I'd have michi's all round on my R27.

The upgraded version of the PS2 is the Michelin Super Sport

The PS3 is an upgrade from the Pilot Exalto

Id go either PS2 or Super Sport... depending whats available for your size.

Well I went for the PS3 in the end. £640 for a full set, bloke where my dad works (Hatfields Jag Wakefield) will fit for nowt :smile: :smile:

PS3 is the PS2 upgrade before the Pilot Sper Sport, it has the same dry handling as the PS2 but more wet weather grip as this is where the PS2 fell down in the comparison tests. Used PS2 nd 3's on my Mk1 Focus RS and the 3 was a slightly better tyre, but I think it's wear rate was slightly higher than the 2.

Again these tyres were a lot better once they were down to 3-4mm, when new they have more movement on the blocks.

Answer: buy part worn of egay