Michelin Pilot Sport 5

M154MATT

Paid Member
I took advantage of the Black Friday sales and managed to get £70 off of a set of Michelin Pilot Sport 5's.

Having done around 1000 miles on them now I thought I'd share my experiences. These seem to be quieter than the 4's but still offer the same feel for road use. The don't seem to wear as much either although the conditions have been cooler.

My car is a pretty standard 200 so for the winter its on road tyres and I'll look at something a bit more sticky or another set of wheels and tyres next year.

Reactions: Sean197 and Big Ben
I ordered some PS5 in Black Friday sale as I wanted to compare against the PS4 but they sent PS4 by mistake and I couldn’t be bothered to send them back!
Can’t believe they’re not an improvement (however slight) over the 4 as what’s the point in releasing them otherwise?

I ordered some PS5 in Black Friday sale as I wanted to compare against the PS4 but they sent PS4 by mistake and I couldn’t be bothered to send them back!
Can’t believe they’re not an improvement (however slight) over the 4 as what’s the point in releasing them otherwise?

From what I understand there pretty much the same tyre just made to be quieter and last longer. I ran the 4 in the DT1 which was the better spec too and honestly I haven't noticed a huge difference. They are excellent tyres though I've run Michelin's for years not both on and off track and never had any issues with them.

They definitely stand up to abuse better than the PS4, I'm on my second set on the front axle after murdering the first set in 33 degree heat on the ring. Can't say I've noticed the tires being quieter because all I ever hear is exhaust drone...

They definitely stand up to abuse better than the PS4, I'm on my second set on the front axle after murdering the first set in 33 degree heat on the ring. Can't say I've noticed the tires being quieter because all I ever hear is exhaust drone...

I did the exact same to my AD08rs, went over on a brand new set, came back and they were absolutely knackered

[emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk