Micah’s Black-ish Opel Astra GTC

Micah

Founder of Team Clique
Yup, you’ve guessed it, the Trophy is gone and I’ve got me an Astra!
Purely because I couldn’t get the Clio to Lanzarote, I had to book a hire car!
I had reserved a 3dr Fiesta and was given this beast of a car. It’s had a very tough life, cosmetically it’s fucked. The only cool feature in a sea of 80’s inspired digital interface and buttons is that the steering is so light, you overdo it on corners and roundabouts, which is fun.
It also has an engine bay @sevenfourate would be proud of, if he enjoyed having nightmares!
Behold!
c2b94678c6f067b6908c4885a62fc920.jpg
228e2239e9ea0d4c5a8760d39a3cc377.jpg
f706792354a96330ded98a5a5c02cbfb.jpg
2bc611d0a514c4f304843575564f4874.jpg

I know you’re all jealous, but I will not be held responsible for the increase in sales Vauxhall will experience in the following week.

Fook me look at that engine bay....looks like its seen some action. Whenever I see this shape astra it just reminds me how low they have gone to 'copy' the previous shape megane...truly dreadful.

Now get on and thrash the nuts out of it.

****Firstly the tag looks good (Thanks....i think ! Micah); but i never got it. Weird.

Anyways-up. By christ that is one bland looking car. So bland infact; the dusty engine bay is the only thing we grown-up petrol-heads can manage to talk about.

Speaking of which - not sure if you're out for work or pleasure buddy, but cancel either and do something with the engine bay. You owe it to us, yourself and me in particular for inflicting us with THAT picture.

Nightmare ? Me ? In some ways yes.....another parts loves finding what could be 'treasure' behind a cloak of dust and crud like this. I could quite get into that to while-away a Saturday afternoon. Or 5 :flushed:

Have fun whatever you're upto..........

Reactions: ///M and kevlar
Aaarrrrgghhh! This is giving me the heebie-geebies! We bought an Astra GTC (don't ban me please!) as my wife's daily & both absolutely hated it! There were so many warning buzzers & bells it was really irritating. The 'a' pillars obstructed visibility badly on bends. The only good points were that (to my eyes at least) it was quite good looking & I thought it handled quite well. We took out a 3 year service plan when we bought it & couldn't wait until we had the 3rd service on it. As soon as that was done we chopped it in for an A1, which we both love. My wife said "I'm finally enjoying driving again". Never buying another Vauxhall (except maybe a VX220). Both had Novas back in the '80s & neither of us kept them long. Should have learned!

Reactions: Micah
8b374e2a29c9a5c9ee4b9383bf4906b3--birthday-kids-birthday-party-themes.jpg
Aaarrrrgghhh! This is giving me the heebie-geebies! We bought an Astra GTC (don't ban me please!) as my wife's daily & both absolutely hated it! There were so many warning buzzers & bells it was really irritating. The 'a' pillars obstructed visibility badly on bends. The only good points were that (to my eyes at least) it was quite good looking & I thought it handled quite well. We took out a 3 year service plan when we bought it & couldn't wait until we had the 3rd service on it. As soon as that was done we chopped it in for an A1, which we both love. My wife said "I'm finally enjoying driving again". Never buying another Vauxhall (except maybe a VX220). Both had Novas back in the '80s & neither of us kept them long. Should have learned!

Reactions: Johnny 99
My wife said "I'm finally enjoying driving again"

Hilarious Johnny, you should send that to Audi and they can put that in their brochures!
Although I'm here on holiday, I cannot wait to get back and give the Trophy some beans, I absolutely love it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

****Firstly the tag looks good (Thanks....i think ! Micah); but i never got it. Weird.

Anyways-up. By christ that is one bland looking car. So bland infact; the dusty engine bay is the only thing we grown-up petrol-heads can manage to talk about.

Speaking of which - not sure if you're out for work or pleasure buddy, but cancel either and do something with the engine bay. You owe it to us, yourself and me in particular for inflicting us with THAT picture.

Nightmare ? Me ? In some ways yes.....another parts loves finding what could be 'treasure' behind a cloak of dust and crud like this. I could quite get into that to while-away a Saturday afternoon. Or 5 :flushed:

Have fun whatever you're upto..........

I know what you mean, part of me wants to go out there and give the whole car a good clean, imagine the satisfaction!
Here on holiday and the mornings have been quite overcast, I'll see if there's a Karcher lying about :wink:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: sevenfourate