Megane 225 manifold

I would presume you'd be better off to just swap the whole engine. Like Foxspeed has said there are internal engine differences + your engine is mapped for a 7.5k RPM N/A engine, but your wanting to dump a ~6k RPM Turbo on to it.

I'm sure someone more qualified will be along soon to prove me wrong :smiley:

There are several turbo'd 182's about.

Could this kit be modified to fit the 197/200?

http://laurent-motors.com/shop/lang-en/kit-turbo-renault-/60-kit-turbo-f4r-20l-16s-stage-1-2-et-3.html

I'm sure you could use/modify the Megane manifold and fit some low comp pistons. I've heard that the Clio ecu can accept a turbo as it has Meg bits in there already.

It would be an awesome motor, loads more low down torque and much higher reving than the Meg engine.

There's prob loads I've not considered so over to the experts.. Lol

the high revving bit might be an issue...as the turbo is/can be a restriction to this

It's been done on Honda engines ie s200 and civic type r and they rev even higher

if it were that simple.....

lots of things to consider on a high revving boosted engine - its not just a "bolt-on" jobbie and away you go :001_rolleyes:

Lol that's true, how do the 172 and 182 do it then ? They still run standard internals

dont think they use standard compression do they or if they do will be running a "low boost" set up to protect the engine as the 172/182/197 run from 10-11:1 c/r iirc