matched inlets

I've seen a few posts on here about people having matched inlets? Does anyone know where I can get this done and what the gains would be off this?

involves slightly porting and lining up of the plenum to lower inlet and lower inlet to the block, resulting in better air/fuel flow into the block, giving slightly better mid range torque, normally also involves fitting a ptfe gasket to reducing heat transfer from the block to inlet/plenum. might also be better to be used in conjuction with a ported throttle body.

i got mine done at jamsport in nottingham when it was first being done on the 197, i beleive more places may do them now, and maybe on an exchange basis.

Contact willis, he sorted out the orignal groupbuy for them on here. You will have to either source a throttle body, check that it works and send it of to be done or send your own off.

Its cost me around £300, but that was the place removing mine, sending them off for machining, cleaning down and refitting, should be able to do it on an exchange basis now, where you send your old set back and get refunded a certain amount back. Price not a clue.

I read a thread of jam-sport doing the matched inlets and they said they had quite good gains, but it didn't show any results? Does anyone know what the results were?

Gains can be a bit or nothing at all. Not all inlets were created equal from the factory and for the expense it's barely worth it really unless you're unlucky enough to have some particularly poor casting on the ones you have...

The thing with Tuning the F4r engine is each little mod adds a little bit more so no mod makes a massive difference. It really does come down to the sum of all parts.