Matched Inlet

Hey ppl, had my new inlet fitted. the inlet has been matched. have notice small gains in the higher rev's. hopefully get the car remapped in the summer which will give better gain thoughout the rev's.

7009127689_965453c0fb_b.jpg

Boths Inlets

7009130119_2473c2119f_b.jpg

Old Inlet

6863014872_ac38b8c256_b.jpg

New Inlet (Been Matched/Skimmed)

6863012640_445d246cd9_b.jpg

Inlets Togehter (Big Differences)

6863016026_cd6295e9d8_b.jpg

During Fitting Process

6863017618_52c7870fdf_b.jpg

Polished Channels & New Gasket

6863018360_1988fa5de1_b.jpg

Finished

6863124958_d3801fa3ea_b.jpg

Looking Good

That is looking really good mate. Did u just take ur inlets out and send them away I fancy this but I'm not that sure on the exact process or price any info from u would be much appreciated

Normally on an exchange basis, normally you will pay for the work+money to cover the cost of the plenum+inlet (deposit) they send you a set out, swap over, send yours back, then they send you the deposit back. Buts only if they have the inlets on shelf. U can always go to there workshop and let then take yours off and send them for machining then refit when done.

Gavano I met you last year I think, at french car mag at crail? I had a blue twingo rs then, anyway back to topic, inlets look good, was planning getting this done as I have the throttle body done already, is the kangarooing in the mornings worse or better?

Normally on an exchange basis, normally you will pay for the work+money to cover the cost of the plenum+inlet (deposit) they send you a set out, swap over, send yours back, then they send you the deposit back. Buts only if they have the inlets on shelf. U can always go to there workshop and let then take yours off and send them for machining then refit when done.

So they would basically keep the car till it was done see I'd prefer this option would any garage be able to do this for me , and how much do u reckon this would cost

Jamsport, 519 automotive, jms (now called Michael woodford motorsport ltd) and maybe ktec racing, tdf, rs tuning, btm performance. Got mine done at jamsport in northampton, £300 they have your car a couple of hours. But this was a few years back so maybe cheaper now.

well i bought this inlet through a friend. the work was already carried out and painted. I got it at a very good price, as an engineer i wouldn't think it would cost a great deal to be done. i would guess that the removing & fitting of the inlet would cost more, i was lucky as my brother inlaw works as a mechanic at renault and he fitted it for me, well worth doing it, my car never kangaroo's in the mornings, but it runs a little smoother and it pops and bangs more in the morning.

Nice work there mate! Love the black thinking of having mine done red or black not sure if I will yet though

don't mean to shock but when i last got my car mapped at RS Tuning in leeds,paul actually told me he'd experienced situations where matched inlets had made cars lose power,kick in the nuts as i'd just had mine done,the roughness of the bore inside the inlet plenum is there to create turbulence in the air apparently so it mixes well with the fuel vapours,makes sense when u think about it but i stiil think if you've got a big step between the upper and lower plenum it would flow better if removed

Last edited:
wish i could comment as i had mine done at the same time i had my cams fitted,just thought i'd pass on what he told me,from reading previous posts and threads,some are stepped worse than others

Last edited: