manifold

Right, I'm looking for a an exhaust manifold for my 197, does anyone know where I could get one made or buy one? I've seen toyosports but that is the only one I have found, can anyone recommend any for me?

It's a tough subject this mate. It's either renault, fight over spares on eBay, or wait for the Toyosport!

Or approach a company like Longlife or powerflow to see if they can fabricate one.

I'm looking for an aftermarket one, with no precat on it, but have only seen a few toyosport available.

I've asked a few company's to see if they will manufacture me one but the two I asked haven't been able to do it.

My MOT is up at the end of the month, so toyosports have until then to get my custom. Otherwise I'm replacing the flexis.

I think it was a bit of both Mitchell, one of them said it was quite a hard manifold to make but I don't see why this would be?
How much is the toyo custom going to cost you goose?

It's normally £229. But they have none in stock so they've put the price upto £800 on their eBay page.

Supposedly getting more in within a fortnight, but I'm not sure how much I believe that...

Ah yeh I saw them at 700-800 on ebay, that's why I've been looking about a bit. The 229 sounds a lot better, I'd definitely be having one at the price!

my flexi's failed a while ago and i went through this whole dilemma, in the end i got my manifold removed and repaired with new flexi's by a local garage as i couldn't be done with the hassle of doing it myself on the floor, was under £300 all in. I decided against the toyosports manifold because generally these are poorly made manifolds with rough internal edges and poor welds which are prone to cracking and like now they had no stock and could give no firm date when more would be available
I also decided against removing the pre-cat because they are known to make the flat spot worse even with a remap and it just wasnt worth the hassle for the very small gains involved

Mines absolutely fine, and flat spot isn't that noticable! And I spent half an hour checking over the manifold when it came, and found the welds to be of high standard and the steel good quality. Fernendez and cooper66 will back me up on this.

Mines absolutely fine, and flat spot isn't that noticable! And I spent half an hour checking over the manifold when it came, and found the welds to be of high standard and the steel good quality. Fernendez and cooper66 will back me up on this.

dont they usually mig them together then tig over the top to make it look good, you may be right but personally for £200 i just cant see them being very good quality

the Renault one is like £800+ and cracks so price in this case doesn't mean longevity....

the toyo one is for what it is a good price and in my view (even if I haven't seen one) worth the price :thumbsup:

my flexi's failed a while ago and i went through this whole dilemma, in the end i got my manifold removed and repaired with new flexi's by a local garage as i couldn't be done with the hassle of doing it myself on the floor, was under £300 all in. I decided against the toyosports manifold because generally these are poorly made manifolds with rough internal edges and poor welds which are prone to cracking and like now they had no stock and could give no firm date when more would be available
I also decided against removing the pre-cat because they are known to make the flat spot worse even with a remap and it just wasnt worth the hassle for the very small gains involved

Ktec do a kit to remove the pre cat not sure if u know this