197: Make my car louder

Jesse James

Platinum Member
Hi all, I want know if there is a way to make my car louder as i want a sportier sound without the suggestion of a new exhaust system. Can't afford it at the min aha. Please don't suggest a hammer and a nail make a hole in the back box ha ha. Any help will be much appreciated

as said above but it depends what sound yr after,you'll get more of a raspy sound by removing the centre silencer,i'd go for a decat pipe,much nicer noise

I only say it will effect MOT due to discussions on other threads about the new rules that are due to come into force next year regarding the removal of cats.

Having said that, I'm cat less and not that bothered about it.

The problem with a car is that the stoichiometric balance doesn't work!! To run with an excess of O2 to ensure CO isn't produced instead of CO2, puts a car in the position of running a lean mixture which encourages detonation, so a catalyst is required on the exhaust gases to encourage the production of more environmentally friendly discharges

The problem with a car is that the stoichiometric balance doesn't work!! To run with an excess of O2 to ensure CO isn't produced instead of CO2, puts a car in the position of running a lean mixture which encourages detonation, so a catalyst is required on the exhaust gases to encourage the production of more environmentally friendly discharges

just decat it,mine pops,bangs,cracks,stinks of fuel and sounds mint,what more do u want,******** to the rest of it

Exactly!! As long as the engine doesnt go bang who cares

Them old gits who burned wood and coal to get around didn't care (Roy), so why should we

Last edited: