Lowering a 200

Where coilovers like the KW V3 come into their own is the ability to have a comfortable setup for the road and a hard setup for the track.

Just putting a set of lowering springs will make the ride harsher in every day use

I can honestly say the ride is better since I did the suspension on my car. Whether that has much to do with removing 'worn' parts and fitting new ones I'm not sure but with the eibachs the ride is less crashy.

The comments about the springs making the ride harsh is just not true if you use a progressive spring. Eibach are masters of ride comfort + handling/lowering...

Rich

Just going on experience I had on my old car with various suspension setups. I had spax adjustable dampers with spax springs and they were quite harsh, got fed up with them after a while and bought brand new standard shocks + eibach springs. This setup was much better but still harsher than the standard setup

I'm currently running SPAX coilovers on my Alpina and they're pretty comfy on fully soft. Click 4-5 and they're on my limits of a daily driver that handles well.. 7-10 it handles like on rails, but is just too hard to drive with on our roads. they go up to 24 clicks!!

In my time I've run a variety of coilovers and shocks/springs.. the best I've ever used is a combo between Koni FSD dampers and Eibach PRO springs. Awesome handling yet with silky smoothy ride.. quite freeky!

I've also run Tein superstreets, APEX perfromance coilovers, Eibach PRO on OEM dampers, SPAX dampers/springs.

You get what you pay for..

Would love ot know if Koni FSDs work as well on a Clio as they do an e46..

Rich

Just had a look, they don't make FSD for the clio. Have heard great things about them on mk5 golf gti's too

I love the H&R's. Harder yep, harsh nop but drops perfect and so is £200 fitted. Would love collies but not paying £1200 on what suppose to be a cheap car even new. Turn it into a cheap car with expensive parts bolted on and IMO takes away some of the fun. Go out in my mates 172 and we come back laughing every time. That cost the same as the KW's.

Like most things in life, a week with collies and it will be like you always had them. Your starting from a good position 'standard' with the Renny so any improvement will be arguable...

Last edited:
I say u will never beat coilover handling. U turn the wheel and it points in the direction u want it to. With a diff itll be an animal on the track.

I say u will never beat coilover handling. U turn the wheel and it points in the direction u want it to. With a diff itll be an animal on the track.

I thought the standard handling was spot on in my 200 after coming from a vag barge.
I fitted my KW's the other night and ohh boyy it's even better!!!!! 8)

Better pic?

Last edited: