Lowering a 200

Cant quite stretch to V3 coilies just yet but want some lows for the time being, are there any decent springs availablefor the 200 that you lot would recommend?

Thanks!

V1s but they don't have adjustable damping if you can afford £800 if not there's not much point doing it the 200 setup is pretty sweet imo

Nope totally agree with what gouldy says. Springs will ruin the geometry and make the ride feel "funny" nothing better than a good set of coilis ive dropped mine as low as itll go on the back ......... Still not happy thgh. Where can i get custom springs made?

Nope totally agree with what gouldy says. Springs will ruin the geometry and make the ride feel "funny" nothing better than a good set of coilis ive dropped mine as low as itll go on the back ......... Still not happy thgh. Where can i get custom springs made?

Faulkners, thats where I had my first 197's standard springs rated.

Either that or send them to Eibach over here

why are springs so bad? as long as you get a decent ones i cant see the problem inles you track the car etc also mark thawt you had h&rs?

There's no real point of spending all that money on a set of kv3s if your not going to track the car! On the road your never gonna find the real limits so springs will be fine if your just after the looks! There's loads of people who have springs, me being one of them on my old ff, now I've got the cup I'm happy as it is

why are springs so bad? as long as you get a decent ones i cant see the problem inles you track the car etc also mark thawt you had h&rs?

I had H&R's on my old 197, red 06 plate car about 2.5 years ago.

I've got AST coilovers on my current car :wink:

Last edited:
Just fittin springs is bad bad because the damping is set to work best with standard springs.

If you fit lowering springs on OEM dampers you have a mismatch combination and you will end up with a car that handles worse than a standard suspension set up.

yeah i'm a bit hesitant about getting springs, I have the cup chassis so do not want to compromise the handling..

guess i'll hold out until i can get coilies then..

Apex (yuk!) Eibach springs will be fine. These 40mm H&R springs will be too much for a standard shock though imo

tbh im not too fussed about the springs, make etc, when there brand new, and cost £50 plus fitting, cant go wrong... plus allows me to save up more for other mods :smiley:

there are some new eibachs out for the 200 specifically, as well as some for the 197

im not sure if they are for the 200 FF or cup though. there is a huge difference in the 200 FF and cup stiffness so would make sure theyre right for your car before you fit them.

lol....each to their own but forums can be full of mis-information. I've previously spent 2k on a set of collies (listening to people spending my money for me) and another £150 setting them up and was completely overkill even for track days. Once most fit them and are happy with the set up, they leave them alone. I really need a £1200 collies around the streets of Bolton. I've fitted a set of H&R's and they are harder but far from 'harsh' IMO. My friend runs a 172 and on track days he's faster than most cars cause people forget its as much about the person behind the wheel as it is the car. Equally he's got the car set up properly. Its the sum of the parts (including driver) that make a difference, not just collies cause things are never that simple. Collies aren't gonna make a ok driver into a better one.

Last edited:
^^^ This man speaks sense! If you want it lower then springs are fine and they won't make the car undriveable. Don't get me wrong I think that coilovers are better than springs but there are always limits as to how much better you can get. I would love a set of V3's though, but I am more than happy with how the car handles with a cup chassis.