Lowering a 200

Hi Guys,

I bought my 200 a couple of months ago and have been looking to add spacers and lower it.

What is the best mm spacers to get? When I lowered my Corsa a few years ago on 30mm lowering springs I found that it wore the inside of the tyre out faster than the rest. Is there anything I can do to prevent this with the Clio? springs are a stop gap on the way to coilovers.

Cheers

Dan

welcome to the site dan. i dont think i have seen or heard of any rubbing or uneven tyre ware on the clios tbh . spacer size i think are personal preferance but most go for the hubsentric type

Dan, likewise not heard of it happening on a clio, i had my 182 lowered around 60mm for 5 years and always had even tyre ware. the front had quite a bit of camber so i did expect them to ware but they were always fine.

On the corsa the un even tyre where will be because you have changed the suspension set up when you lower a car you should always have the track and allinment re done

On the corsa the un even tyre where will be because you have changed the suspension set up when you lower a car you should always have the track and allinment re done

X2

A lot of people think they can get away with not redoing the tracking and alignment after lowering. This ain't true and it will bite you in the ass eventually not to mention it won't drive like it should.

Get the geo done and younshould be fine in any car :smile:

X2

A lot of people think they can get away with not redoing the tracking and alignment after lowering. This ain't true and it will bite you in the ass eventually not to mention it won't drive like it should.

Get the geo done and younshould be fine in any car :smile:

oh yes forgot about that, i had mine on the 4 wheel alignment after fitting mine (maybe thats why my tyres were ok) lol

Whilst I've no experience of springs and spacers on the 200 I'd recommend Eibach's purely based on their repuation, don't go for a cheap option that purely gives you the looks without a decent spring quality backing it up to maintain the ride composure, be a shame to own the best hot hatch out there at the moment and compromise its handling at the expense of it being 30mm lower. Spacers shouldn't be a problem, there are a few people running ET45 wheels (compared to ET68 standard) without an issue from what I read, so you should be fine there but no idea on whose spacers sorry.