Lower 197? MAK xlr 8x17!

imagejpeg

So I have settled on my new wheels for Black 197 with red calipers. It is the MAK xlr in 8x17 48et. Now the question is do I (can I?!) lower the car a little??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Re trimmed steering wheel on the way also, perforated leather and black alcantara with red stitching

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 46
Well didn't get any suggestions, but for anyone viewing went for and placed order from demon tweeks for the H&R lowering springs, arrive tomorrow!! Specs are 30mm front and 40mm rear drop.

Just noticed says you are based in Orpington, got a buddy down there drives a modified 207 red with black alloys and detailing. You seen it?! Yeh buddy, I'm excited to get the wheels and will of course post pictures of the full set up! Yeh got Jack from Royal to do the steering wheel, anticipation is high for that also. I've definitely got ocd detailing issues lol!

Re-trimmed steering wheel looks great!!

Out of interest, how much are you paying for the H&R's to be fitted if you dont mind me asking?

Make sure you get some more pics up once it's been lowered :smile:

Re-trimmed steering wheel looks great!!

Out of interest, how much are you paying for the H&R's to be fitted if you dont mind me asking?

Make sure you get some more pics up once it's been lowered :smile:

Jack at Royal Steering Wheels on an exchange basis, the steering wheels are generally the shabbiest thing on these 197s.
I'll take some photos in the morning on standard FF suspension with standard ET wheels then with the H&R springs and new MAK ET48 wheels when they arrive from Italy.

Around the £200 mark for fitting all four springs. Anytime chaps!

Re trimmed steering wheel on the way also, perforated leather and black alcantara with red stitching 
Mines still in this good of a condition 2 years on (Y) For the money it's an amazing job, Jacks a top guy.
H&R's are the most common before coilovers, just because they're a larger drop, should make it sit a lot better. Wheels are a bit marmite but if you like them that's all that matters.