Looking to buy

Jminkley

Paid Member
Hi all.
I'm looking to buy a 197. I'm 19 and I currently own twingo 133 (and have been a member over on twingo133.net) which is a great car and handles like its on rails, but it's not the most practical and I want a bit more power.
I was just wondering what are the main things to look out for and how to spot them. I've looked at a few and test drove one and other than the one I test drove, weren't what I was looking for.
look forward to being part of this community and hope to meet a few of you when the weather get a bit better.
thanks,
James.

Best bet is to pay the £5 to become a member so you can view the for sale section on here. Plenty of fine well looked after examples owned by enthusiasts on there right now.

Hi James, welcome to the forum :smile:

If you haven't already, have a read through the Buyers' Guide in the New Members section. This covers all the things you should consider when looking to buy a 197.

If you have any specific queries then we will be happy to help :smile:

Welcome along!

my mate had a 133 Gordini and they are great little cars! Really surprised me!

as above the buyers guide is a good place to start and anything else inparticular don't be afraid to ask!

Welcome along!

my mate had a 133 Gordini and they are great little cars! Really surprised me!

as above the buyers guide is a good place to start and anything else inparticular don't be afraid to ask!
ive just had a read through the buyers guide. Definitely some good points I'll keep in mind.
and yes they are the reason I'm getting rid is I want something a bit more practical. Still enjoys going on a blast around the Peak District

Good luck! Buyers guide helped us no end when we were looking. Make a checklist that you can keep on your phone so you don't miss anything when checking a car out.

blue%20clio_zpswhcn7kvj.jpg
test drove this one. It's got plenty of extras and decent mileage.thought i wanted a red one but this has changed my mind. Oh and the license plate isn't bad either.

Looks great! What do you think of the sunroof on it? I absolutely love mine and it makes the inside feel a lot bigger and less cramped.

Looks great! What do you think of the sunroof on it? I absolutely love mine and it makes the inside feel a lot bigger and less cramped.
it'll be nice in the summer never had a car with one on so would be nice.
and yes belts done new brakes 3 months ago but the front discs are warped but the dealer has a new pair ready to put on.

Last edited:
No longer looking to buy.... just gone and put a deposit down on the blue clio. Do want to modify a bit in the future. What would lowering springs are recommended and also wheel spacers that bolt onto the hub. Don't want the ones where you need extended bolts.