looking to buy 197

hi there
I'm looking to buy my first 197
i had a 182 about 2 years ago and loved the car iv not for a stage 1 focus ST mk2 reason for selling its just eating petrol 6.7mpg round town and 23-25mpg motorway and my insurance being 21

so what are they like of petrol ?
main things to look out for ?
and is there any for sale in essex with recaro seats :smile:
cheers

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Have a look at the buyers' guide in the New Members area of the forum - loads of good info in there. Fuel-wise, they are worse on MPG in comparison to the 182 - generally the average is high 20s, maybe low 30s, all depending on driving style.

Any other questions, feel free to ask.

I've had mine for 2 weeks now and it is such a great car, petrol wise i am getting 31mpg with mixed b road blast and then 70mph motorway trips for about 35 miles.

I've had mine for 2 weeks now and it is such a great car, petrol wise i am getting 31mpg with mixed b road blast and then 70mph motorway trips for about 35 miles.
I only drive mine round town really and I can't get better than 27.6 no matter how slow I drive lol. Recaros is a must imo

Daily commute is 5 miles each way, stop start with longer trips every now and again. MPG is sitting at 29.2 over 9000 miles (trip computer).

Seem to get about 24mpg on short trips/stop start, and closer to mid-30's on longer runs/motorway cruising.

Couple of niggles that caught me out - 1 of the doors keyless entry didn't work (still haven't fixed), and some of the fan speed settings didn't work (now fixed at cost of £40).

Have my clio 197 for 3 days, averaging 19 Mpg, im either in bumper to bumper traffic or flat out on mountain roads

Hi dan I did send you a couple of messages and you said some one would ring me but they never did.
I had to go with some one else in the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk