Long time member, had a 197, now in a 182.

Arran

I Love Lamp
Platinum Member
Hi,

I've been a member on 197.net for ages, I used to own a UR 197 which I loved.

DSCF2541.jpg

I traded that in for a Mazda 3 MPS a few years back. I decided to buy a house, so after 2 years of owning the mps I sold that and used it as a deposit for my house! That was 2 years ago and since then I've felt like I'm missing something. I've got a Mazda 6 estate, but now the 182 has become affordable, I decided to flex the credit card and go for it!

My mps

DSC_5403.jpg

My 6

DSC_0170_zps33gpe6dg.jpg

My 182

DSC_0179_zpstjbaqngc.jpg

Nice purchase Arran, the 182 as a weekend car and track toy? What is the spec on the little clio? :smile:

Nice purchase Arran, the 182 as a weekend car and track toy? What is the spec on the little clio? :smile:

Yes, I've got a big doberman that we use the 6 estate for and it also comes in handy when doing diy. It's actually a really good car, but doesn't set my pulse racing. The 182 is a second car which gets used occasionally. I've got a track day booked for it.

It's cost a fortune so far, had the belts and dephaser done, got a snapped spring to change and bank holiday Monday afternoon was spent replacing the engine and gearbox mounts!

Thanks Chris, not been on here for a while, good to see some of the old members are still knocking around. Seeing Webby trading his 200 in made me come back to have a look around. Does Jase still come on here now?

I do like the look of the Mazda 3 MPS, such a sleeper car with some mega power! I drove a Mazda 3 sport in the past and that really did go well, comfy cars!

182 looks lovely though, always wanted to give one a thrash round a track! Enjoy!

Thanks gents. Tbh I think the mps is the best all round car I've owned. I miss it and so does my wife. She wants another. I do miss my 197, the 182 is so much different in that it feels less like a car and more like a kart. It's noisy and rattles, but feels lighter and possibly quicker, but it's been a long time since I drove the 197.