limits on offset

Ive possibly found some wheels for a bargain local to me.

whats the limits on the offsets that will allow me to more or less swap tyres and pop straight on car.... help much appreciated....

Just bored of the standard wheels, and like I said IF these wheels fit, there a bargain!!!

thanks guys

haha Im going to tease for a while yet graeme Im afraid haha.
Got some bodywork that I need doing, and fingers crossed the offset of these wheels will fit !!! and ill probably have them resprayed to suit the black and red theme..... happy new year anyway buddy!

dont you mean width of the wheel as offset doesnt effect whether the tyres will swap over.

I guess it does sort of, a high offset might need stretched tyres to stop it catching on the arches

But, if you did mean wheel width you want about 7.5"

sorry guys should of made it more clear.... wanting offset to clear brakes..... so et45 mark will bolt straight on?! with no work required?

It should do mate, the OZ Ultraleggera's are ET55 and standard wheels are ET68

Also depends on the spoke design but ET45 is like a 10mm spacer on the OZ wheels which have plenty of clearance.

if they are 8" wide you would need ET55, if they are 7.5" or narrower you can have ET45

sorry to hijack your thread dude, but i see alot of people say that you need to run high offsets to clear the brakes but i just cant see how that is the case.

offset is the distance of the mounting face of the wheel from the centre line and surely its the distance from the back of the spoke to the mounting face that actually affects whether they'll fit over the brakes?

just trying to get my head round it.

so surely a lower offset meaning the wheel sits further out from the hub would increase the chance of it clearing the brakes?

so surely a lower offset meaning the wheel sits further out from the hub would increase the chance of it clearing the brakes?

correct - thats why a +45ET wheels sticks out further and fills the arches better

cheers i understand that bit, but ive seen people say that you need a high offset i.e et45 or above to clear the brakes. and as far as i can work out offset has nothing to do with the gap between the back of the spoke and the wheel mounting face, so a wheel with an offset of et0 is just as likely to clear the brakes it just depends on the wheel design.

It does depend on wheel design to some extent, yes. But the standard wheel (+68 ET) only just clears the caliper on the front. So depending what size and width you are wanting will determine what offset (+68 or lower) you need. Whatever the design, the lower the number, the further away from the brakes the wheel will be

It's not just brake clearance. If you have the wheel sticking out too far it will not have enough room to get full lock etc