limited milage issues

The mileage will not matter if you trade the car in against a new on at the end of your PCP

Correct. And tbh, if you're miles over (literally) than just pay the balloon and sell it on (as long as you'll get more for it obviously) or trade in against a Clio 220 if you're not gonna keep it

There is no extra reason to worry about mileage than if you paid cash.

More miles equals lower value car it just happens that on a PCP its more structured.

Just be glad you have a GFV, with the way petrol prices are forecast to go handing it back will be a great option!

I do 70 miles a day round trip to work in the Clio, just think of all the extra fun you'll be having! :smile:

As others have said, mileage limit only matters if you hand the car back.

Last edited by a moderator:
£400 isnt much to worry about if you can get them to cover it in your pay along with the daily petrol cost? negotiation is the key ..

Last edited:
Buy a Pug 106 1.5d - they do 60 mpg and will keep your Cup pristine for days out, and you'll appreciate the Cup so much more if your not driving it everyday :wink:

Thats a ****ter andy

My current commute is 75 a day! However im in a lift share so its not too bad.

If that all went tits up however id be screwed lol.

Luckily im not on a limited mileage but at 6p a mile, even if you are a few thousand over at the end of the agreement and you hand it back, it doesnt equate to too much.

A motorbike is the other option. A lad on my lift share used to do the round trip to work on his CG125, used to cost £12 a week to do 5x75 mile!!!

if you are limited to 6k per year and on a 24month pcp you would be better trading the car in after say 23 months...that way the dealer get the car not the finance company. obviously the ballon payment will be slightly higher but only by a small amount, if you do it this way the fininace company get the full settlemnt from the dealer. Job done....the millage doesnt really matter.

This completely doesn't matter, all it means is that at the end of the finance your Clio dealer will look at your car (yours is a 6k a year limit?) and say any mile over 18k will cost you an extra 6p. So, let's assume you've put 30k on the car at that point, they will charge you £720 and take the car back. As a good customer you tell him/her where to stick it, pay off the final balance you owe and drive away with the car, then either to keep for yourself or sell privately.

I have no idea what your gauaranteed final value fee is, but mine will be around £6k at the end of three years. I'm no expert, but if you can't at LEAST break even by selling the car privately on eBay (or wherever) I would be highly suprised, I'd go as far to say you'd make a profit. Look on eBay at three year old 197's with 30k miles, I've just found this one with 40k miles and he STILL got £6.5k for it;

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SOLD-SOLD-200...2355820?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item3a62014dec

I cannot stress enough how the mileage limiter on a financed car is meaningless. Drive as much as you want, do NOT buy a £16.5k car and get the train :tongueout:

mine is for 2 years think its about 8-9k final value think the issue has sort of resolved itself as ive heared nothing back from the company