L.e.d plate lights?

Hello
Iv recently just bought a 197 and wan to change the rear number plate lights to l.e.d ones, does anyone know which bulbs to buy??
Any help and pics would be great
Thanks

Thats what u got but i searched 8000k to match the hids and got extra for the plate bulbs. Be careful not to fuse them the fuse box is hidden under airbox. Dont do what i do and use a screwdriver with metal on the metal causinf it to fuse! Such an idiot for doing that.

They look good but i dont have an even spread of light. Also the plastic broke a bit its very brittle. Also needs a good clean.

Thats what u got but i searched 8000k to match the hids and got extra for the plate bulbs. Be careful not to fuse them the fuse box is hidden under airbox. Dont do what i do and use a screwdriver with metal on the metal causinf it to fuse! Such an idiot for doing that.

They look good but i dont have an even spread of light. Also the plastic broke a bit its very brittle. Also needs a good clean.

Not sure what you mean here? You can pick the correct bulbs up for around £3 on eBay. Some are the 501's and others are the festoon bulbs.there easy to change and the ones I have in light up the whole road behind me!

It depends on your specific car, some are festoon & some are 501. Later 197s are 501 I think. You need to get 501s that have an all round LEDs. If you get the ones with the LEDs only at the top, the beam isn't right on the plate due to the holder being designed for a normal bulb.

Go outside and look at the bulbs already in your car.

Renault used 2 different types of bulbs so you need to check which you have fitted before you can buy any more.

It depends on your specific car, some are festoon & some are 501. Later 197s are 501 I think. You need to get 501s that have an all round LEDs. If you get the ones with the LEDs only at the top, the beam isn't right on the plate due to the holder being designed for a normal bulb.

these are the bulbs in my 197 (08 ),which ones are these and do you have any tips on getting them out without breaking them mate? they seem very tight...

8090575902_20ddd146b4_b.jpg
number plate bulb by scott1532, on Flickr

anyone got any links to the correct bulbs i need,cheers

Last edited:
these are the bulbs in my 197 (08 ),which ones are these and do you have any tips on getting them out without breaking them mate? they seem very tight...

8090575902_20ddd146b4_b.jpg
number plate bulb by scott1532, on Flickr

anyone got any links to the correct bulbs i need,cheers

Those are the 501 or as it says in the holder, W5W. I used a small flat head screw driver and just prise them out, but make sure (don't do what I did when I was getting annoyed with it) you have the lights turned off or the holder out the car as you have here or you will blow the fuse under the bonnet.

Some of the cheaper LEDs will be an absolute pain in the backside to egt working, so it's worth paying a bit extra for some good quality one.

Got mine from

carbonfanatics

Brilliant - cant recommend them enough their service is spot on

just ordered my bulbs off carbonfanatics,top service and cheap as chips,cheers

will defo be using them again,

Last edited: