Kumho KU39

Anyone got any experiences with these?

MOT last week and the Hankook V12s on the front are wearing a little thin on the inner edges.

My local guy recommended the Kumho's as a worthy replacement. We went through the official tyre ratings and they seem to get better ratings than the Hankooks and even the ContiSports.

Can do them for £70 a corner fitted....

Speak to [MENTION=876]Willis[/MENTION] he's running them on his 18" meg wheels and he's really chuffed with them from what I've heard. Although when I last spoke to him, he'd only run them in the damp and its not seen a track yet so not exactly a full review.

I myself, and [MENTION=4271]leeboy[/MENTION] run them and they're a GREAT tyre in the wet so far, haven't used them in the summer but I was struggling to keep with lee on worn AD08's in the summer. Although he has bigger balls it would seem..

Another user here!!! :smile:

Very impressed with them in the wet, even with the extra oomph of the new engine they don't want to spin up. Car feels very planted, arguably better than the Conti's in these conditions and they seem to throw an awful amount of water up the rear end.

Haven't used them much in the dry yet, but I've no reason think they won't be brilliant there too. :smile:

A very good tyre in my opinion, far better than the toyo....I've been there and done that, may as well call them toyo ditch finders!

Done a trackday at Bedford with them, very planted and never felt massively unstable ( not to say we didn't have any sideway moments) but I'd be very surprised to find a better all round tyre for the money! Be aware, they are fairly soft compound, so don't go thinking you'll do a million miles on them..... :wink:

I have KU39's on my 18" road rims & KU36's on my 17" track rims.
Both are great tyres for the money.
The KU39's on the 18's are actually a better ride than the Bridgestone RE070's i had fitted to the 17's they replaced (despite the Kumho's being obviously a lower profile). They are fabulous in the wet & hang on well enough in the dry for a road tyre, i've done about 3000k's on them so far & the wear rate has been great too.

12K is the best I've done, that included getting them changed when the cords were hanging out lol. Obv I didn't know at the time. Until I checked the insides

You should get 12k on them, mine that were on the front have been put on the rear with a new pair upfront since a trackday, so have covered around the 12k and still a fair amount of life left!

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Pav Wheels and Tyres 15