KTR Clio 3 Rs Coilover Suspension Kit

Ed Hall

Paid Member
KTR Clio 3 Rs Coilover Suspension Kit.JPG
Hi,

Would be interested to hear about KTR's Coilover Suspension Kit, and whether its any good?

Ed

For a road car I'm sure they'd be fine. I wonder if they're based on an existing kit like the non Sport ST kit which is made by KW? Would also be interesting to find out the spring rates.

Wouldn't go buying cheap stuff like suspension. Wait around a little longer and do some saving. It'll be worth it, rather than having to replace the cheap stuff in 12 months time. I learnt that years ago with suspension. Certainly worth waiting to buy the best you can!

Reactions: Micah and Arch
Can't agree with Tom more, also been there and seen the errors people make. Lots of guys with Impreza's buying the likes of BC's then tossing them in the bin 12 months later. B14 kit seems a good mid price kit but for me if it's for track KW Clubsports is where my money will go. Had them on the Impreza and couldn't fault them. I did have Whiteline 3 way competition dampers on it before I broke it but they retail at around £4K.

Reactions: tombate911
Just on that, this is what KTEC said when I emailed them:

KTR Coilovers to be a direct competitor of the B14 coilovers by Bilstein and they share many characteristics, including their spring rates.
They are designed to be competitive on track, as well as comfortable with everyday use.

I was contemplating to get these, well still am.

I'm still a bit sceptical on these. It may be worth looking at the grams kit on kamracing, which is cup shocks with their lowering springs. It would be interesting to know whom the manufacturer is behind the KTR coilover kit. But you have to be sceptical at that price as a good coilover kit would start around £700 onwards, unless they've bulk purchased and passed this discount on.

Reactions: Plummer and Elviic
I've seen on Instagram that KTR are going to be stocking Nitron coilovers. So may be worth enquiring about them.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180618-191150.png
    Screenshot_20180618-191150.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 67
Don't expect them to be cheap, north of £3k....
(PS I'm not knocking Nitrons, they are great, but going from KTRs really cheap coilovers to Nitrons is like a Fiesta to a Ferrari lol).

From what I remember when I was looking at them myself
They are simply ktr rebranded cheap coilovers that were almost half the price without the ktr stamp.

I forgot which brand they were but they were he usually cheap and cheerful set up designed to lower the car essentially

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Reactions: MashedPotato
Has anyone really tested these coilovers on track?

how are these rebranded cheaper coilover's? seeing as you cant get a cheap budget coilover for the clio 3 rs then how can they be a re branded cheap coilover, at the same time there about £400 cheaper than any other, which is a concern.

Little bit peeved there is no happy medium coilovers for these cars and unless you buy second hand which is rare for clio 197/200 coilovers. I cant quite see the appeal of forking out 1k-5k for coilovers on a car that is quite frankly a cheap track toy (to me).

Think I may have to do a 2019 trackday review on these seeing as no one has actually come up trumps with a consistent review.

I just opted for brand new cup shocks, top mounts and grams springs (to be fitted in the next few months). Parts cost £400. I don’t feel like paying 1k as I am not taking the car to a track.

To be fair, I’ve heard too many complains of people buying cheap coilovers and having issues such as knocking, leaking etc.

I think there is a reason why KTEC don’t offer warranty with these iirc..

I have driven their car with the kit on up and down some of the roads around ktec, and to be fair they felt pretty good considering the price, i thought they were a little bit on the softer side but initial impressions were good.. I'm pretty sure they come with a 12 month warranty also.

Reactions: wootwoot