Ktec too noisy

I guys! I have recently installed an engine back complete exhaust from ktec...dont get me wrong the car now sounds amazing! But its realy too much for a regular trip and impossible for a long one. Have someone got the same problem? Any ideias? I'm thinking in put the original back box but I'm not shure if it going to make a big diference...

These systems are quite loud and you’ve gone full out.

I guess you can either put the standard manifold back in and/or have the centre section replace with a larger silencer.

I'd keep the manifold and sports cat and try an Akrapovic slip on (Cat back bit) as this is the config I want to run eventually. I wanna keep the car road legal so need a cat.

Hey Flavio, I have the same setup as you. I was at Ktec this morning speaking to Adam. They have a replacement part planned to have a bigger silencer up front, but not dead sure when its coming in. I am like you... its way too loud! I have only had the car a few weeks, its for track but to drive any distance I am using my noise cancelling headphones plus I sound like a Mcdonalds car park champion everywhere I go. I am going to look into a replacement silencer myself in the meantime, Ill keep you posted. Any plans yourself?

I dont know if there is anything straight swap in terms of parts or a silencer I can buy and have welded in to replace the existing one but I will see. New to Clio's so need to get under the car and have a snoop around.

I’ve just fitted a full scorpion sports cat and full resonated system........ similar to Ktecs I imagine in sound- waaaay to much. Bought a huge centre silencer from Jetex and installed (cut the scorpion one out) that and now I’ve got the perfect sounding system that’s got lovely tone, and you can still talk, but can still make the nice noises when on the beans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad its not just me then! mine has had the cats removed also but good god its way to loud!!!!! Thinking i mite just get a Akrapovic do they come up very often 2nd hand?

Hey Flavio, I have the same setup as you. I was at Ktec this morning speaking to Adam. They have a replacement part planned to have a bigger silencer up front, but not dead sure when its coming in. I am like you... its way too loud! I have only had the car a few weeks, its for track but to drive any distance I am using my noise cancelling headphones plus I sound like a Mcdonalds car park champion everywhere I go. I am going to look into a replacement silencer myself in the meantime, Ill keep you posted. Any plans yourself?

I dont know if there is anything straight swap in terms of parts or a silencer I can buy and have welded in to replace the existing one but I will see. New to Clio's so need to get under the car and have a snoop around.

Hello Chris, mine is still with this system, I ended up getting used to the sound and the car also only runs from time to time. Please let me know if you know anything about ktec.
Thank you!

Glad its not just me then! mine has had the cats removed also but good god its way to loud!!!!! Thinking i mite just get a Akrapovic do they come up very often 2nd hand?
The Akra with zero cats is very very loud. The Evolution system removes the 2nd cat but the pre cat remains. If you've removed the pre also then it'll be loud.

So I bought a standard cat back system and fitted that. It's much much quieter I can actually hear the engine etc now. Much happier. It's not quite how I would want the car to sound but I'll take it considering I spent about 60 quid on the parts :smile:

So I bought a standard cat back system and fitted that. It's much much quieter I can actually hear the engine etc now. Much happier. It's not quite how I would want the car to sound but I'll take it considering I spent about 60 quid on the parts :smile:
And the standard cat back fits with the ktec cat whithout cuting?

Depends what you mean as the standard one needs cutting generally to come off the car. To fit to the sports cat there might be a cut but I think a clamp does it fine. I got a garage to do it as I couldn't be assed:tongueout: