Ktec induction kit help

So I installed the ktr induction kit today (fiddly ba5tard of a job in that wee engine bay and all the stupid stuff attached to that battery box) and it sounds absolutely incredible, worth the money alone.
but when I first started the car I was getting a very noticible petrol smell, and the car was talking about 2 seconds longer to start up. as a total novice with this stuff Im hoping that both things were just symptoms related to the engine having to learn to adapt to the new parts, as the ignition issue seems to have improved after taking the car for a scalp and turned it on and off a few times.
can someone who knows what they are talking about put my mind at ease about this please?

Just went out and started the car again after leaving it for an hour. Started like it would normally without the induction kit and there is no smell. I must have guessed right, hope so anyway!

Has anyone kept the second air intake (the smaller one on the passenger side) and ran a hose from it to the open part of the heat shield for even more air? Or is this a silly idea?

the fuel tank vapours are vented back to the inlet manifold - it could be that you smell as the system purges the fumes and with it being an open cone filter
theres more chance of smelling it - just a thought!

Are you sure you haven't pulled off the vapour hose by mistake while trying to fit the shield? I've got the same kit but no smell whatsoever.

The smell was there for the first start of the car after fitting, after that I've had no smell and the ignition time has returned to normal so I assumed that it was to do with the Ecu learning new parameters or something. I fired ktec an email about it just to be safe and they confirmed my suspicions.

what about the secondary intake idea guys? Surely the more air feeds the better :001_unsure:?

Have the KTEC kit. Smelt petrol even before installing the cone and using standard system. Also smelt petrol on my smaller engine clios, especially on cold starts. Totally normal.

Similar Thread Suggestions