Ktec full exhaust, manifold and sports cat

Cut the akra? Cut the akra? :wink: i would lose £50 in offcuts!!

thanks for that. Seems like the best option.

So you have std manifold - ypipe - cat - akra?

Everything from the flexi’s back is new. I’ve got a Ktec manifold in my garage but I think the std manifold is better.

Attachments

• 81DFDD75-57DD-437E-B24F-94615845583E.jpeg
    81DFDD75-57DD-437E-B24F-94615845583E.jpeg
    227 KB · Views: 20
I wish I had a ktec manifold in my garage....... or fitted to my car tbh

either would be fine. I’m not fussy :tearsofjoy:

Yes y-pipe, cat, akra. It sounds very nice now, it’s a bit more crispy

Thanks again really helpful

I assumed that the y pipe would remove the flexi’s. That’s my issue at the moment.

Interested in your thoughts on why the std man is better than the ktec?

thanks

mike

Thanks again really helpful

I assumed that the y pipe would remove the flexi’s. That’s my issue at the moment.

Interested in your thoughts on why the std man is better than the ktec?

thanks

mike

A Y-Pipe replaces the cat, not the flexis, that's why I think you're better off keeping the manifold cat and just fixing the flexis rather than cutting the Akra to just add the second cat surely?
As you need a cat for MOT, unless you do what you said about a standard system for MOT.
I know your flexis are gone, but mine went 2.5yrs ago and I had them fixed and it's been fine since, if they lasted 10 odd years without breaking, new ones will last about the same.

Also "better" is a relative term, the standard manifold on these are well designed for getting to a normal power level, they might be restrictive if you are going cams etc, but for most people standard manifold is fine.

As the Akra removes cat, everyone keeps the OEM manifold, other aftermarket exhaust keep the second cat, so that's why they then get an aftermarket manifold.

Reactions: peter
This is my opinion. I only had my manifold reworked because the CAT in the manifold was causing faults if I didn’t need to I wouldn’t of changed anything my fexis were 11 years old and still perfect and the akra with the stock manifold worked perfectly together. Now that I have the reworked manifold with the 100cell CAT the car feels a lot more crisp and sounds better I do have a flat spot but it’s low down and I’m getting a remap so that’s gonna be sorted, I had not flat spot before the work got done. Having seen the Ktec manifold it’s not worth the money rather fit a y-pipe or buy the PMS manifold which is very nice but you will need to fit stiffer mounts and cut the akra.

Reactions: DS197 and suj