kangaroo-ing when cold

I always start mines in the garage and leave it for 5mins, So i have never had the cold start problem, Do this with all my cars and vans,

Yea, they all do it to some extent.

I had mine remapped by matt at Tour De Force and it's much better now, still does it a tiny bit but it's no real inconvenience like it used to be.

Ben,

If you don't mind me asking, what sort of cost is involved in this. Not fussed about the performance side of things, I just want to try and smooth out the cold start kangarooing issue as the wife struggles with it and isn't as patient as me - to sit a few minutes to let it warm first!

My recent Stage 1 remap from K-Tec Racing seems to have virtually eliminated the cold start kangaroo effect! I also have the K-Tec cat-back exhaust and an ITG panel filter and the car is generally a lot more responsive in the mid-range (3,000 - 6,000 rpm).

cold start problem . .. . . . . try having to use a pre heater lmfao :worried: stupid cams

My recent Stage 1 remap from K-Tec Racing seems to have virtually eliminated the cold start kangaroo effect! I also have the K-Tec cat-back exhaust and an ITG panel filter and the car is generally a lot more responsive in the mid-range (3,000 - 6,000 rpm).

how much was that if you dont mind me asking

K-Tec have a deal on at the moment! The Stage 1 remap - which includes the ITG filter - is about £250!! A bargain in my opinion and my mpg has improved slightly too (currently averaging 33mpg on V-Power).

Remap, depending on where you go roughly £300. I went to tour de force as they have a good reputation and know what they're doing with the 197 (Matt who mapped mine used to have a 197) and it was about £330 I think

Can't say I know of any tuners that way.

RSTuning in leeds are meant to be very good though, looks a bit closer to you than TDF or KTec

You know the black pipe that goes from the airbox across the front of the engine and in behind the drivers side grill on the front bumper, the end of the black pipe is heavily restricted.

Some people have opened it up, I think there's a guide on here somewhere. I plan on doing it to mine at some point

I'd be interested to see a guide, can't see it in the 'how to' section.

How do you open it up mate? Cut it?
I'd rather put a longer cold air feed in.