kangaroo-ing when cold

had my 197 2 days after having a 290bhp astra vxr and i must admit i love it.they are so wide,its great.the only prob i have had its a little jumpy when cold.ive heard its quite common,but is there anyway of stopping them.fair play though,the clio loves to rev :wink:

Yea, they all do it to some extent.

I had mine remapped by matt at Tour De Force and it's much better now, still does it a tiny bit but it's no real inconvenience like it used to be.

Yea, they all do it to some extent.

I had mine remapped by matt at Tour De Force and it's much better now, still does it a tiny bit but it's no real inconvenience like it used to be.

dont get me wrong,it isnt that bad,but just wanted to know whether it was a big problem.does the remap give a big performance increase?had one with my astra and it did

its something to do with the throttle mapping i think mate its too sensitive when cold. . . . .. if ure gentle with it until it warms up u should be okay.

dont get me wrong,it isnt that bad,but just wanted to know whether it was a big problem.does the remap give a big performance increase?had one with my astra and it did

Remap doesn't give big gains, maybe 5bhp and similar increase in torque. Remap will only make a big difference if you have a turbo or maybe with cams.

I tried turning traction control off and being more gentle with the throttle but remap was the thing that really gave a massive improvement.

Before the remap I did find that if you slightly keep your foot on the throttle when changing gears that helped

Remap doesn't give big gains, maybe 5bhp and similar increase in torque. Remap will only make a big difference if you have a turbo or maybe with cams.

I tried turning traction control off and being more gentle with the throttle but remap was the thing that really gave a massive improvement.

Before the remap I did find that if you slightly keep your foot on the throttle when changing gears that helped

just better throttle response etc yeah?aslong as its not a big prob i dont mind.i have noticed the accelarator is quite sensitive,as when cold you only need to touch it and it revs quite a bit

Well, power delivery is much smoother and the flat spot is not longer there. Rev limit increased by about 150rpm and you do get that tiny bit of extra power.

The big reason for me though was the cold start performance, just makes it so much nicer to drive. It never annoyed me when I first bought my car but it just gets a bit tiring after a few months

I'd get an ITG panel filter first, most people have them. Should let the air flow a bit easier and its a lifetime filter too so you'll save some money at service time.

Also, if you fancy it the air intake is restricted behind the front grill. You can open it up but need to remove the front bumper first

yeah these mods often do it the world of good. i wudnt spend the money on the apollo thgh.