K20 my Clio

Well said ^^ the civic type r chassis is no comparison in my opinion anyway :smile:

Update she is in and driven 80 miles with not a single problem only on a base map atm as trying to nail down the mapper so is only revving on a soft limiter of 4K.

Got lots of pics etc to update soon
You must have cleared 1000k by now?!

How is is the Baguette holding up with the Japanese heart?

I am, because 7th and 8th gen Civic cannot compare to 5th and 6th gen Civic suspension and feel. So if you want a superb handling and fast car go K powered 91-2001 Civic. The best I drove was a K24 supercharged 99 Civic VTi. But he would not sell it to me even offering crazy money !! Building is not an option, would cost in the range excess of 30K Euro. At least to have it done bulletproof in a nice chassis.

I own a 2009 Clio rs200 and a 2007 Civic Type R FN2 . Both brilliant cars but I have had to upgrade the civic somewhat to make it comparable to the clio.
But the K20 engine is something special and for that reason the FN2 will never be sold :smile:

Won’t bore you with the personal bits going on in my life which put this all on hold.

The good news it the conversion is happening over Christmas and will most likely be driving in Feb. The garage has already done a track version and done 3-4 track days with no issues or teething problems so fingers crossed guys!

Matt

Reactions: bedoef
Similar. I ran an EP3 as a daily back in 2007 when it was only just over a year old. Brilliant fun for the 6 months I owned it, but it would just wash out with understeer everywhere, especially when the vtec kicked in. Was a hoot on the road, but would be less welcome on track. When I was looking at a track car I considered the EP3, mainly because I'd never driven a clio before (test drove the 172 when it very first came out but decided against it), but really glad I chose the clio instead. It's just better in every way, apart from the engine and gearbox as said.

Yeah I also owned a 2004 EP3 and as you say it just washed out. But the FN2 that got and can still get slated is much better, but hey it has a fixed rear beam and that will never work will it :smile:

Any update on this build?

Seen a K20 swap on FB group.... I bought my Clio 197 in December and before it I have had:

- FD2 Type R
- S2000
- EP3

I would love to have the 197 K-swapped... The chassis on the 197 is far superior than that of older Hondas (As much as I hate to admit).

A K20 in the 197 would be a dream combination.