K tec Coilovers

My thoughts too.

I remember the first trackday I did after fitting them, first corner and the arse came straight round on me.
They still aren’t anywhere near as stiff as the cup racer too

My thoughts too.

I remember the first trackday I did after fitting them, first corner and the arse came straight round on me.
They still aren’t anywhere near as stiff as the cup racer too
You don’t try that hard either:grinning:
I’d love to try the opposite setup to mine just for reference. I’ve had arch rubbing round certain fast corners so can’t see how softer springs would work on the front tbh but each to their own. I’m not in a rush to change my setup. Only Clio I’ve seen better through the twisties is @R20BTG Be interested what his spring rates are. That car is planted

Reactions: R20BTG and RSRowe
I think Iain is running 650 front and 350 rear. I only know this as I was having a chat with Matt last night about spring rates. Yours are bit stiffer due to the extra weight of the Megane engine?

Yeah that’s right, 650 front 350 rear, I tend to run the front dampers a couple of clicks harder than the rear, because I’m conscious of mid corner oversteer (plus it was my first season with the car, so getting used to it).

Over the winter I will be stiffening the rear end up with the PMS beam bracing kit and the PMS solid mounts. We’ll see what that does.

Next year I will probably bring the rear damper stiffness up to match the fronts depending on weather and track conditions, depending on what the rear beam strengthening does of course.

One thing that I don't necessarily think I need is stiffer springs, I have very little body roll, something that I only really took notice of when @Big Ben sent me some chase footage from Donington, why don't you stick that on YouTube and put it here?

It was interesting to see, from the outside, how well behaved my car is through the last chicane at Donington.

I think Iain is running 650 front and 350 rear. I only know this as I was having a chat with Matt last night about spring rates. Yours are bit stiffer due to the extra weight of the Megane engine?
That’s correct. I did originally have 550f 300r but found it too soft for the speed of the car so went stiffer.

Yeah that’s right, 650 front 350 rear, I tend to run the front dampers a couple of clicks harder than the rear, because I’m conscious of mid corner oversteer (plus it was my first season with the car, so getting used to it).

Over the winter I will be stiffening the rear end up with the PMS beam bracing kit and the PMS solid mounts. We’ll see what that does.

Next year I will probably bring the rear damper stiffness up to match the fronts depending on weather and track conditions, depending on what the rear beam strengthening does of course.

One thing that I don't necessarily think I need is stiffer springs, I have very little body roll, something that I only really took notice of when @Big Ben sent me some chase footage from Donington, why don't you stick that on YouTube and put it here?

It was interesting to see, from the outside, how well behaved my car is through the last chicane at Donington.

Sorry if I have missed it but what coilovers are you running with those rates?

anyone fitted the Ktec coil overs?
they look a good quality set and a good price.

If you are serious about these coilovers then might be worth seeing if K-Tec have them in the black friday sale - apply code BLKFRIDAY

looks like i opened a big can of worms starting this post:chair:

few phone calls planned for tomorrow, think i know what i want and how i want the car to perform, final decision tomorrow and they will be ordered!!

Sorry I might have instigated that threadjack :-P

Reactions: Garysp2