K&N Air Filter and Cold Air Feed Install

The decision had been made...It was time to fit the air filter that I managed to pick up from [MENTION]@TomGreenWood94[/MENTION]

I know there has been loads of discussion about does it make any difference or not. I don't particularly mind if it does or doesn't. I just love tinkering with my Clio and it nice to know that the air going into my engine has been filtered by a K&N filter.

After hours of researching and planning I decided I was ready to attack the front end of the car.

I removed the battery with help from the posts on here. It was fairly straight forward. Once that was out I tugged at various parts of the batter surround until enough space was made to pull out the original air box. Removing the air box requires a lot of pulling power.

With all the bulky plastic that makes up the air intake removed I then attached the K&N air filter. Before hand I had cleaned the air filter with the K&N air filer cleaner and then left it to soak in some K&N air filter oil.

After starting the engine to get a sneak preview of how it sounded I then proceeded to remove the front bumper. Again this was made easy by reading all the helpful guides on here.

About half and hour later I had the car looking like this.

12139047685_597092ccac_c.png

I used this guide to hale me http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?10096-Front-bumper-removal and with out it I would have defiantly broken the bits that hold the bumper and the wings together. I wouldn't have even known to look there for a bolt.

Once the bumper was off I decided I was going to run a cold air hose from the front drivers side fog light (the left hand side when looking at the above picture) into the air feed from the standard box that runs to the blank box in the upper front grille. The opening for this air feed can be seen at the top right of the radiator. For those of you that have had the bumper off you will know that the bumper sits tight up against this opening. To get the hose into the opening I cut a hole using a hole cutter through the bottom of the 'blank chamber' and turned the new pipe by 90deg. so that it lined up with the opening.

Once I was happy with this I mounted the pipe end surround in a hole I cut in the fog light blank. The end surround was black plastic and looked boring so I took it back out and dipped it into a tin of red paint I had lying around the garage. I think it looks much better now. It's very discreet.

As you can see from the picture below the detail I done the other week is holding up well. Still got a nice refection going on. (http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?40045-Winter-Detail-GW-200)

12139047945_31a8db41c6_c.png

Thanks to everyone who has written a guide or how to regarding Air Filters and Front Bumpers.

I'm also going to post this on the CS forum and find out if anyone knows how much power I will have gained.

Bryan