Just fitted a Sprint Booster

ashtons99

Gold Member
Fitted tonight. It took me about 45 mins. An easy plug and play job really. Just 3 x 10mm nuts holding the throttle assembly to the bulkhead bracket. Un clip the multi plug and off it comes.

The most time consuming part is taking off a small amount of the bulkhead bracket to clear the interrupter plug which fits between the existing plug and socket. A Dremel for the job is ideal with the small grinding wheel took about 10mins to trim off sufficient.

Then it's just a matter of plugging the small switch lead onto the interrupter plug, looming the lead up out of the way and picking your spot to stick the actuator switch. I put mine just under the bottom right of the steering column shroud so I can see it if I need to but I don't have a green or red cyclops glowing at me.

I've not been down the road to try it yet but there is a distinct sharpening of the throttle response just blipping it in the garage

Didn't need to dremel anything off when I fitted mine just fitted some washers.

You really will see a vast improvement on throttle response in normal (green) mode and switch up to race (red) it is so much fun.

They aren't the actual terms used btw just what I say ha!

Didn't need to dremel anything off when I fitted mine just fitted some washers.

You really will see a vast improvement on throttle response in normal (green) mode and switch up to race (red) it is so much fun.

They aren't the actual terms used btw just what I say ha!

I didnt want to use washers as i thought it may just introduce some "flexing" into the pedal mounting and also move the acc pedal further away from the brake making heel/toe harder and also putting the pedal nearer to the wheel arch carpet. It would probably be ok but didnt want to chance it

I loved my Sprintbooster.. You'll be glad you didn't listen to those who proclaimed them to be bollox without actually trying one.

[MENTION=12894]markelmurr[/MENTION] - See my trader section (see my sig) and you will see a bit of info on the Sprintbooster. You must have a paid subscription though to get the trade price.

It's the dogs and probably the best mod you could do for the clio. Makes it a completely different car to drive. In the words of Jezza "pppooooowwwwweeeeeerrrrrrrr!"

I would love to buy one but the trader who sells them on this site refuses to sell one to me because I live in Australia!! What gives ?? I have the money and want one, but no go!! Very weird and quite disappointing - oh well, someone else will get my money!

I would love to buy one but the trader who sells them on this site refuses to sell one to me because I live in Australia!! What gives ?? I have the money and want one, but no go!! Very weird and quite disappointing - oh well, someone else will get my money!

Probably down to licensing agreements. There are many brands that I deal with that will not allow sales outside the UK or Europe, id imagine that this is the reason. For the consumer is all too easy to think it can't be a problem to just send one but if the trader gets caught they risk being cut off and losing their rights to sell that brand.

The reason the supplier (not me) wont ship to Australia is due to a number of them going missing in the post and its been a pain in the ass for them. Theres nothing I can do if they refuse to ship to your country mate.

What I will do though as get a quote for posting it myself tracked all the way to your door. If you are happy with the price, then you can decide who you want to give your money too

Chris - I never said you were the issue, I understand you are the "middle man"!! However, like it or not your supplier lives in a global economy and geographical boundaries don't mean much these days!! I have spent thousands of dollars from vendors in the uk over the past few years and I have never had any issues with missing items, but maybe I have been lucky so far! Anyhow, sure - please send me details of how I need to pay and I will arrange payment ASAP!
Paul