200: Just bought a Gordini, tips?

Hi guys,

Heard that things commonly go wrong with these cars. What tips can you give me that will prolong the life of parts such as the gearbox?

Should I take it to the Renault Garage if I need things done or are they a "Yeah we've done it" but actually haven't type of place.

Thanks.

Hi welcome were is Home ??? It's down to luck but change the gear box oil do not drive hard when cold and is the Dini in warranty still but independents are better

Hi welcome were is Home ??? It's down to luck but change the gear box oil do not drive hard when cold and is the Dini in warranty still but independents are better

I've got 6 Months Warranty left on the car and it is located in South Wales, Swansea! I've not seen an RS200 here before and only two 197's. The only models I've seen commonly are the RS182/172.

Welcome

They are not that bad tbh, much like every other car out there it has it quirks. Look after it properly and you catch most things before it gets too serious.

[MENTION=51445]Kazumz[/MENTION] there's a few 197/200's around Swansea now, mine being one of them :smile:

there's a 192 cup near Swansea centre and an R27 197 in RB towards mumbles.

I've got 6 Months Warranty left on the car and it is located in South Wales, Swansea! I've not seen an RS200 here before and only two 197's. The only models I've seen commonly are the RS182/172.
We have a blacks &brecons meet on July the 13th meeting at Merthyr Tydfil Leisure Village CF48 1UT at 09.00 your more than welcome to join in

@Kazumz there's a few 197/200's around Swansea now, mine being one of them :smile:

there's a 192 cup near Swansea centre and an R27 197 in RB towards mumbles.

The RB 197 a cup by the way? I think I've seen it being serviced in the Renault Garage before, maybe about a year ago? I had my Mark 3 1.2 16v back then, couldn't bare to look what I was missing haha.

From monday youll have to keep an eye out for my white 200 for the following 3 weeks!!
Whereabouts in swansea?

Hi mate nice to see Swansea numbers are growing haha, ive got a red 07 197 to be honest not many problems since ive had her About 4,yrs only problem ive had is a cracked flexi on manifold which I replaced with a decat Mani and my steering wheel melting just let it warm up and give it a good run once a week/fornight.

Guys, all of you get yourselves over to the welsh section :smile: get that busy and we can all organise a local little meet up

welsh region is in a red link below :smile:

From monday youll have to keep an eye out for my white 200 for the following 3 weeks!!
Whereabouts in swansea?

I live up the road in Skewen/Neath area. I referred to Swansea because most people know the city either by good or bad talk. There is a RB 182 that is in the Neath area that I've seen by my girlfriends house but that's all I've seen outside of Swansea.

Cracked manifolds common in these cars?

I live up the road in Skewen/Neath area. I referred to Swansea because most people know the city either by good or bad talk. There is a RB 182 that is in the Neath area that I've seen by my girlfriends house but that's all I've seen outside of Swansea.

Cracked manifolds common in these cars?

Haven't seen many with cracked manifolds - think its mainly due to dog bone mount wear causes pressure on the flexi part of the manifold.

Just an update, I took the car from the garage and within 30 minutes I noticed the discs were warped. Renault are paying for it all - I've got the appointment Friday at 9:00.

Is this a common problem? I assumed that these cars would come with vented discs?

Just an update, I took the car from the garage and within 30 minutes I noticed the discs were warped. Renault are paying for it all - I've got the appointment Friday at 9:00.

Is this a common problem? I assumed that these cars would come with vented discs?

They do have vented discs. Never heard of warped discs on these cars, even with track use. Possibly seized pads?